• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

free standing fences? HELP

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Reaction score
Need help finding who makes metal, portable cattle fences that use the metal post that flare out around 3 feet both sides of the post. Totally free standing. Hubby thought this system was made in Canada. I thought I found a site in South or North Dakota last year, but can't find it now. Anyway after spending an hour looking on the internet with no luck,I'm going to try here for answers. Thanks!!

CRS at Union Center SD has them made out of well pipe. They are heavy and can stand on their own or not. Give them a call. 605 985 5591

There is usually a big ad in the Tri State Livestock News. They will have a booth at Rapid at the Stockshow at the end of the month.

feeder said:
Need help finding who makes metal, portable cattle fences that use the metal post that flare out around 3 feet both sides of the post. Totally free standing. Hubby thought this system was made in Canada. I thought I found a site in South or North Dakota last year, but can't find it now. Anyway after spending an hour looking on the internet with no luck,I'm going to try here for answers. Thanks!!

feeder:

I have seen those too....but don't know for sure who makes them. You might try Stur-D in Carson, ND ((701) 622-3073) or www.stur-d.com

Now that I think of it, I think I've seen a set or a pamphlet for a set made out of Canada--let me see if I can find the pamphlet.

Heck, looking at Denny's work, maybe he's the ticket!!!

New Year's Cheers--

TTB :wink:

Archibald Welding and Machine Inc builds a free standing Super Wind Break out of Hettinger N. D. ( 605-564-4000 ), might be what you are looking for? I see they are 26 feet long, 74 inches high, and weigh 1400 lbs. i haven't seen them so can't tell you more, hope that helps.

Feeder,

I build those free standing fences. If you want to know anything PM me and Id be more than happy to help you!! :)

Thanks everyone. Now I have somewhere to start. This site has a wealth of info and knowledge!!!

I'm sorry, I belive i misunderstood your post !! The folks number i gave you build ranch supplys more in the line of stand alone wind breaks than in just stand alone fence! SORRY

101, you are still correct. The Archibald ad in the green sheet also lists a self standing 800 lb 1" sucker rod corral panel with 2 7/8" pipe frame.

Also a 1000 lb windbreak panel for horses that uses wide rubber belting instead of the guardrails. Cheaper than the guardrail panels.

Real Tuff, from Mobridge, SD 605-845-3456

They make free standing fences and free standing windbreaks in addition to a full line of other stock handleing equipment.

Thanks to everyone for the information. We did contact Archibald and received info. Also Manitoba_Rancher makes a GREAT looking panel. So now the decisions begin.

Latest posts