• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fresh water

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
My son is running cattle with his fater-in-law.

My daughter-in-law's great grand parents developed a spring they think about 100 years ago.

In the last couple of years the tank has rusted out badly and the cattle were in mud to their bellies to drink. But her dad did not want to change "Grandpa's set-up", he finally relented and my son went to work and we made a big change in about 4 hours.

Waterflowing.jpg

This is the overflow from a spring that goes to the house first then continues on.

Messystart.jpg

We started by putting a full tri axel load of broken concrete sidewalks in the mud hole that was there.

Whatthecattlewillsee.jpg

This is what the cattle will now see.

Overflowintocountyditch.jpg

The water goes in then back out, cattle should not be able to make too much mess. We have 2 tri axel loads of enigneering fill over the broken concrete so it should last several decades if the tank stays good. Should never freeze!

That looks really good. Nice to get a mess cleaned up. That spring is worth a lot to your son's family-in-law. Around here there if folks are lucky enough to have an artesian well, some put a heat pump on it and use it to heat their house at almost no cost.

Latest posts