• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Friday May 25 Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Made my rounds this mornin. We are still havin calves. Sold the old bull... :cry: last August.....my big ole baby "Emory"....tryin to get on track and have calves all in one lump......so..these are some of the last calves we will have from him. Then.....hopefully next year we can narrow calvin down to a manageable time instead of havin calves all year round. We turned the bulls in the last of April. Plan on pullin em off the last of July or first of August...that'll give us a 3 mo window the first go round....then work from there.

2007-05-25-005AuntJemima.jpg

15 year old cow that we just sold a calf off of last month

2007-05-25-021number7.jpg

Another 15 year old that just calved a couple weeks ago.

2007-05-25-018Yearlin-heife.jpg

Yearlin heifer

2007-05-25-014heres-shade.jpg

Findin shade......... :)P Soapweed :D )

2007-05-25-008Bullwinkle.jpg

Bullwinkle

2007-05-25-032betyou-cant.jpg

Bet you can't do this!!!!!

2007-05-25-038whor-you.jpg

Who'r You, n what are you lookin at?

2007-05-25-023newestbaby.jpg

A brand new fresh one.

2007-05-25-033starflowercow.jpg

I was playin with my photo program

2007-05-25-045flowers.jpg

Played somemore

2007-05-25-053Flag-whippin.jpg

Comin in the gate, the wind was whippin, it was startin to sprinkle......and then later on today we got a real good downpour.
Ahhhhhh Texassssssss!!!!!!! :D

After the "Emory" bull I was referrin to.....and he was such a big ole baby. I cried like a baby when he broke his leg...and I nursed him back to health with no help from any of the vets...they wouldn't make a ranch call. They all said basically the same thang...put him down. But I was stubborn, and didnt....and after 3 weeks of anti inflamatories, and about 6 mo off time, he was fine. I was so attached to him, I'd raised him from a baby. I made myself a promise never to get attached to another bovine. I like my cows.....but not one particular one anymore than another one LOL Too hard gettin attached then havin to haul em to the salebarn. I didnt sell him that way, found an individual, that only had about 15 heifers and plenty of green grass :D

(it's their ears aint it...ya love the ears :p 0

Yur old cows are living the good life on the ranch...they look good and so do their calves...They's happy cows... :wink: I love the "shade" one...that's a classic texas critter shot. I hadn't thought much about it..but it doesn't seem like we fly our state flag here, like ya'll do down in texas...that's cool....thanks lilly for the pictures...

a while back(10 or15 yrs) i worked for a fellow in east tenn. he had a cow sale, feed lot and we ran a few hundred on pasture. up there they were nervous about horns but anything with a brahma looking ear would put those boys on the fence.funny thing igrew up on wild woods cows(down here in fl we call ourselves cowhunters, penning cows is like deer hunting but takes better dogs)their holstien bulls are meaner than most brahmas they just look tamer.

The only thing we have now is a few of what i call the "nubby horns" and a couple ole herefords that have curled under horns.

We had a few horned cattle over the years, but they are gone now. Not culled because of the horns, but they sure do go thru the chute alot easier without em. There's too many places them horns can get stuck in our head gate. I remember one ole cow got her horn stuck.....and we worked and worked tryin to get her to get it unstuck....I thought we were gonna hafta chop it off.....finally got her loose.....I think she was just as glad as we were to have her outta there. LOL

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
After the "Emory" bull I was referrin to.....and he was such a big ole baby. I cried like a baby when he broke his leg...and I nursed him back to health with no help from any of the vets...they wouldn't make a ranch call. They all said basically the same thang...put him down. But I was stubborn, and didnt....and after 3 weeks of anti inflamatories, and about 6 mo off time, he was fine. I was so attached to him, I'd raised him from a baby. I made myself a promise never to get attached to another bovine. I like my cows.....but not one particular one anymore than another one LOL Too hard gettin attached then havin to haul em to the salebarn. I didnt sell him that way, found an individual, that only had about 15 heifers and plenty of green grass :D

(it's their ears aint it...ya love the ears :p 0

I know im not suppose to get attached to our animals eather but its so hard not to!

And yes its the ears I love the ears!!!!!! :) :)

Thank you for the picture story Lilly,I wish you would tell those men folk of yours to quit knotchin those calves ears,messing up there "epd's" :D ...............good luck

Latest posts