• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

From Iraq

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
3rd_sqd_4th_plt.jpg

I sure HOPE this works.....this is my gang that I made contact w/ through the Anysoldier.com site.

I've sent several BIG boxes of goodies already....2 big ones this wk....and it's soooooo neat getting all the emails and pics back from them.

I told them I'd post their pic here. Sure hope I did this right!

how can i help in your next shipment to these fine, young folk??? Please let me know as I would love to thank them in some way for their daily sacrifices!!! :D

What part of Ga are you in? I will be going to Dublin in 2 weeks for the "Shamrock shoot" WWOOHHOOOO get to spend the weekend with a bunch of OLD GUYS :wink: Its fun except to the kids since they keep getting told stories about thier dad "when he was your age" LOL :roll:

Remember we don't " wave" in the South. Ya just raise an index finger from the sterring wheel..just make sure it's an INDEX finger :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL hmm then I have been doing it wrong ..........I lift all my fingers off the wheel kinda like drumming my fingers on the wheel :wink:

Must be a NC " thang" then!!! Guess it varies from state to state!

Did I just see the words GA, NC and Deep South? *Screams Head Off* Ms Sage and Kolanuraven, you'll know what I mean :wink:

Love what ya did there, Kolanu! How does one help these guys? If it involves tinned foodstuff like baked beans I can send the whole kitchen :roll: :D

Go to the web site....www.anysoldier.com

It's a HUGE site but sooooo easy to navigate and find someone ini either branch of service....click on their name & it takes you to a page from them that will tell you who they are etc.

Drop a note to them in the mail and away you go!! You all know I don't like Bush nor his war...BUT....I support these guys in anything they are thrown into. I did this with the first Gulf War and after it was all over we all got to meet up with each other as they were in Camp LeJune in NC and with me in GA it was not too hard to meet half way.

You'll do some good...meet some good people....it's well worth it.

Kola, I have to give a nod and salute to you for this. My nephew spent a year and half in Iraq as many young men have. He signed up, left in july of his 18th year, spent his 21st birthday in Iraq. He has shared so much of the stories with us, and he will go back at the spit of someones pen. He is attending college with me right now, but was put on stand by at xmas and that scared us, but he was proud to do it if that was meant to be. The site you are using "anywhere" it helped me get many things to him when it all started. The only thing he asked for the whole time was "DR PEPPER" we contacted the company and they were of no help, but the churches and folks here all got with "Anywhere" and they sent a Pallet of it to his group. Never heard so much excitement when he called us, he had about 15 guys cheering in the background. So, everything you do for these men, they appreciate more than anyone will know. There are so many that have no family at all, and as my nephew did he adopted them and shared his monthly shipments with them. When he finally got to come home, they left everything for the ones taking their place....even the electronics they had there, hoping to make it easier for the next ones following them.

Okay enough babbling...just wanted to let you know how much it means to see you still supporting them.

Easty

I'm not doing anything above and beyond what ANYONE & EVERYONE else can do... Thanks for your good wishes toward tme...but don't waste time patting me on the back.....get busy and fill some boxes!!!!

I know I told SOOOOO many people about the site and they were " gonna get right on it" and they've yet to move off dead center!! But some folks are like that.

I know your nephew loved all the goodies you sent to him and his buddies and the same thing is happening with me and these guys. I try to send cool stuff, like this time I sent goodies in time for St Paddy's Day.....minus the green beer of course!!!

It's a good thing for all!!

LOL, yep we sent lots of toys. Everyone forgets that they are kids at heart, and as far as stuffed toys, they use those for the kids in Iraq..it earns trust with them. One time I went and bought silly string and frisbees, yo yo's, playing cards, hand video games, Oh gosh not even sure what all I sent. Well they used the frisbees for targets. lol, and the silly string they had a great time with..ohhh and water guns too. My nephew said that they hadnt got anything like that before and it gave them something to take their mind off of other things on RR. I still donate with our group here...

Keep it up girl....it all pays off in the end!!
Easty

I took the video camera down to the creek where we have a small water fall from the fish pond and taped about 20 minutes of just running water--that was a request from them.....and pictures of green grass in the hay fields.

That is so neat....of course down here we dont have the water falls, but I love them so I can see how that would give them some real peace to hear and see it. It is so amazing to me what some of them missed. Like with my nephew all he wanted was the Dr Pepper..lol. Got a friend that is a civilian working over there, he missess the freedom of just walking to the store, and the smell of damp rain. It does get interesting to find out what they really miss the most.

Huggsss,
Easty

Latest posts