• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

FROM OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES, by Steve Moreland, February 20, 2020

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
FROM OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES
By Steve Moreland, February 20, 2020

Yesterday, Carol went to pick up any grandkids that would be spending the day with us. When she arrived back home, not only did she have the two youngest that we knew would be here, but also one of the six-year-old twins came along as he was supposedly "sick" and unable to go to school, where he is in Kindergarten. He stayed home a couple days last week, as there are some illness bugs going around. He didn't look particularly "under the weather," so I had to tease him that maybe he was faking this time. I said, "George, at least cough." He performed that task in practiced fashion, and we both grinned at each other.

I started to put on my outdoor gear, and had my lace-up overshoes on over my boots. As I was putting on my leather shotgun chaps, the three grandkids raced through the mudroom on their way to the basement. I said, "Here comes Sick George!" Then I proclaimed, "And here comes Well Rowan!" Watching me put on my chaps as she went by, five-year-old Rowan exclaimed, "And there is Weird Pants Grandpa!" I chuckled as they bounced on down the stairs.

Later in the day, I was telling my two sons this story. Brock had to laugh about his daughter Rowan. It seems that recently she was on hand when her mother was getting out of the shower. Rowan said, "Mom can I use this camera, I want to take your picture." Her mother said, "Rowan, I am not wearing much, and it wouldn't be nice to take my picture." Rowan explained, "Well, Uncle Billy has pictures of ladies not wearing much on his refrigerator in his shop." From out of the mouths of babes.

A couple little ones live down the road, generally a couple funnies per week. The youngest has our vehicle fleet known to the point he recognizes us coming and going. Not calving this year, when the remodeling slows down, I might swing by Uncle Billy's!

Haytrucker said:
A couple little ones live down the road, generally a couple funnies per week. The youngest has our vehicle fleet known to the point he recognizes us coming and going. Not calving this year, when the remodeling slows down, I might swing by Uncle Billy's!

Actually "Uncle Billy" is full time ranching with us now. He sold his shop in town, and moved all of his equipment out to a shop on the ranch. This even included his 100-ton press, which was quite an undertaking in and of itself. He seems to like being around cattle again, and it is easier on his body than welding and working on cement all day every day.

Soapweed said:
Haytrucker said:

Actually "Uncle Billy" is full time ranching with us now. He sold his shop in town, and moved all of his equipment out to a shop on the ranch. This even included his 100-ton press, which was quite an undertaking in and of itself. He seems to like being around cattle again, and it is easier on his body than welding and working on cement all day every day.

Until you replied to Haytrucker, I never realized who 'Uncle Billy' was. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Grandkids sure are fun.
Tam and I ran out last night to grandkids and went to 8 year olds hockey games today. Tam and the 4 yr old didn't got to the first game but were to come for second. She didn't really want to go and said se would just stay home by herself. I think her Mom would of had a fit if Grandma showed up with out her,

I'm glad we had a visit to Sparky's world famous welding shop a few years back. I cain't imagine it as something else. I hope it doesn't turn into some kind of uppity artsy fartsy boutique. ; )-

Latest posts