• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Frost on the Punkins

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

This cool front moved in-giving us highs in the 60's and 70's--really a nice change from all that 100+ degree stuff...Then yesterday we picked up .6 of needed rain... Now this morning we had heavy frost on the vehicles and ice in the dog water bowl...
Fall has finally came...Now if it would just get rid of the flies and the skeeters...

AThe first line my Dad said to my wife who is from Alzada was "welcome to Hell" so we joke about it being hotter down here in Hell. We stayed at 44 last night. I am hoping for another 2 weeks before that frost because I have 200 acres of hay millet that could make it with a little more sunshine. This didn't even come up until August because we were in a dry spot. I have seen people hay it in October but it freezes as quick as tomatoes so here's to lots of cloud cover and maybe a shower this afternoon and night.

So thats whats past Alzada-- I always heard it was at the ends of the earth :wink: :lol:

I don't want to see any frost until October... We have had them this time of year and it stinks because it really cuts into fall grazing. The longer without a frost, the more grass we will have grow during the ncie cool fall days... Forcast is pretty much for highs in the 70's and lows in the low 50's high 40's except next Friday is low of 36.. that is pushing it if we get a down turn in temps..... A light frost won't hurt me but a heavy one does heck on things, lol..

Aparently we don't hit 32 for an average low until November but we generally are frost prone somewhere between the 21st of September and the 14th of October.. I'm hoping for the 14th of October..

It was 34 here this morning, 32 down at lazy ace's folks house, but we live on a hill, and they live in a hole. I told lazy ace when we went to bed last night, it's gonna get cold. It was cloudy and cool all day yesterday, and then it cleared off last night with no wind.

We were blessed with .38 inch of rain yesterday too.

I hope it killed some ragweed, mosquitos, and flies last night.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Low this AM......68!!!

:lol: :lol:

Brrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

almost time for the long underwear, OT!!! Just watched the news outta billings and the low for our area tonight is 29!!!! I'm with you in that I just want the danged old flies to GO AWAY!!! :lol: Not sure if I am ready for the frost on the car windows yet, though!!! :wink:

We had the first frost of the year in this country last night also.
Just 2 years ago we lost our garden on the 18th of August, so we're doing pretty good this year. Lots of bugs here but sure aren't any skeeters. One good thing about no rain, ......I guess? :roll: :wink:

ranchwife said:
almost time for the long underwear, OT!!! Just watched the news outta billings and the low for our area tonight is 29!!!! I'm with you in that I just want the danged old flies to GO AWAY!!! :lol: Not sure if I am ready for the frost on the car windows yet, though!!! :wink:

You mean long handles are seasonal? :wink: No wonder I got so hot this summer and TTB wouldn't stand next to me. :shock:

have a cold one (beverage that is)

lazy ace

OT in a different thread you nailed my idea of a perfect birthday supper for TTB, thats pretty spooky. :)

lazy ace said:
ranchwife said:

You mean long handles are seasonal? :wink: No wonder I got so hot this summer and TTB wouldn't stand next to me. :shock:

lazy ace

OT in a different thread you nailed my idea of a perfect birthday supper for TTB, thats pretty spooky. :)

They say great minds think alike :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
lazy ace said:
ranchwife said:

lazy ace

They say great minds think alike :wink: :lol: :lol:

You didn't finish that saying OT. :wink: :D :lol:

No frost here yet, looks like it could happen Wednesday night. Will have to cover the tomatoes and peppers. About an inch of rain on Friday night was sure appreciated.

Latest posts