• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Frost on the Punkins

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

It is getting hard to believe spring is here-- Had another frost last night...If it doesn't warm up the hay will never grow....

Hard to believe its almost June- Wouldn't even realize it, but my phone started ringing the other day with people wanting me to marry them in June- mostly all outdoor weddings so I hope it warms up a little and the wind quits blowing 40 mph every day..........

You're a JP? Geez, you're a jack-of-all-trades!

Frost around here,too. The one year we could actually get canola to grow without any grief, and it'll probably freeze off tonight. What is it with this stupid weather?!? :???:

Oldtimer said:
Hard to believe its almost June- Wouldn't even realize it, but my phone started ringing the other day with people wanting me to marry them in June- mostly all outdoor weddings so I hope it warms up a little and the wind quits blowing 40 mph every day..........

So Oldtimer, do you do a standard wedding service or are folks writing their own vows? What is the strangest wedding you've ever done? Have you had any run-away brides?

nr said:
Oldtimer said:

So Oldtimer, do you do a standard wedding service or are folks writing their own vows? What is the strangest wedding you've ever done? Have you had any run-away brides?

Have a short version or a long version of the vows (which I like best) but in this day of instant everything most like the short version..... Many times these are reworded for them- never had anyone write their own...
Nothing real strange but some different locations-- On a pontoon boat on the lake- out on a badland bluff--some real dive bars...Quite a few of the couples have been "practicing" for a few years and have 1 or 2 little ones already that are included into the ceremony....

The new big thing is to have a friend administer the vows- apparently there is a court ruling that allows you to have a friend perform the wedding instead of a minister or judge...Been 3 like that in the county since the first of the year- and the Clerk of Court says she has been instructed to accept the filing of the license........

OT---about the frost...yup!!! had a thick coating of the cold stuff on thursday morning as i left for work, but today was absolutely gorgeous and hope it holds out for awhile as i will be spending the weekend planting my garden with corn, beets, lettuce, carrots and yukon gold potatoes!!! mmmmmmm!!!

as for the weddings, the hubby and i will be celebrating 10 years of marriage on the 17th of june and are thinking about renewing our vows in the near future!!! gonna have to keep you in mind as this would be a good excuse to meet you and the wife!! :wink: :wink:

ranchwife said:
OT---about the frost...yup!!! had a thick coating of the cold stuff on thursday morning as i left for work, but today was absolutely gorgeous and hope it holds out for awhile as i will be spending the weekend planting my garden with corn, beets, lettuce, carrots and yukon gold potatoes!!! mmmmmmm!!!

as for the weddings, the hubby and i will be celebrating 10 years of marriage on the 17th of june and are thinking about renewing our vows in the near future!!! gonna have to keep you in mind as this would be a good excuse to meet you and the wife!! :wink: :wink:

Maybe you could use the Reverand Haymaker. He preaches packer reform alll the time.

Big Muddy rancher said:
ranchwife said:

Maybe you could use the Reverand Haymaker. He preaches packer reform alll the time.

Can i hear an "AMEN"??!!! :wink: :wink:

Soapweed said:
BMR: "Maybe you could use the Reverand Haymaker. He preaches packer reform alll the time."

ranchwife: "Can i hear an "AMEN"??!!!" :wink: :wink:

HAYmen! :)

OK folks,maybe I need to let up on the packer talk for a little while. Say old timer I hope yall dont go from winter to summer and get cheated out of spring like we did for a few years in a row,was in the twenties & thirties one day then nineties and near hundred the next till winter hit again.............good luck PS we are having a little rain and storms over the TX hill country this morning bout time these hay fields need water.

ranchwife said:

Ranchwife,

How romantic!! I wanted to get that done when we were married 10 years, didn't work. I think he was haying at the time, as our anniversary is July 2. My hubby thinks vows are forever, don't need to renew. I surely understand his point, and agree. We women have to do these things just because we are women. I am just glad my hubby still likes me after all these years, we work together 24/7, and have to be pretty good friends to get along. He's nice not to make me "walk the fence" like Shelly's hubby makes her do, and leaves me with my own decisions on what I want to do on a day-to-day basis. I do have things to take care of at home, but I don't mind helping him out, too.

Latest posts