• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Frost on the Punkins??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Weather boys are predicting record or near record lows for tonite- saying some areas could get frost--- and 5 days ago it was 100 degrees :?

Oldtimer said:
Weather boys are predicting record or near record lows for tonite- saying some areas could get frost--- and 5 days ago it was 100 degrees :?
Amazing. :( What's your altitude?

nr said:
Oldtimer said:

2200 feet-- they say the frost is more likely in some of the northern counties valleys....

Oldtimer said:
nr said:
Oldtimer said:

2200 feet-- they say the frost is more likely in some of the northern counties valleys....

Oldtimer, gotcher snuggies ready?

nr said:
Oldtimer said:
nr said:

Funny you asked-- We're invited to a neighbors wife's annual Hawaiin party she puts on every year after we finish haying and before harvest--everyone is supposed to come dressed Hawaiin....Usually its 100 degrees and everyone is looking for shade until dark--Its tommorrow evening...I told grandma that this year I'm going to wear my surfer shorts and tank top with my long handles underneath :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
nr said:
Oldtimer said:

Funny you asked-- We're invited to a neighbors wife's annual Hawaiin party she puts on every year after we finish haying and before harvest--everyone is supposed to come dressed Hawaiin....Usually its 100 degrees and everyone is looking for shade until dark--Its tommorrow evening...I told grandma that this year I'm going to wear my surfer shorts and tank top with my long handles underneath :lol: :lol:

I could give you free my husband's favorite hideous Hawaiian shirt. That would keep him from wearing it to the Get-together :D It's only plus is he can wear it eating hotdogs cause it is mustard colored. Maybe it would go with your snuggies?

Yea it was chilly out today. pulled a hoody out from behind the seat as it was cold sitting on the little post poundin tractor today. Then went rolling barbed wire down in a coulee and wished i had left the extra jacket in the truck. A high to day of about 58 with chances of frost . man I hope not lots of nice crops out their and people need to get a good crop off.

Its only 40 degrees (5 Celcius) here right now, after a high today of 45 (8 degrees Celcius). Of course we get frost in July here, so nothing unusual, but it is quite a change, going from hunting shade to a ton of rain and huddling by the woodstove! :shock:

Beautiful day here today, about 23C in the shade. Made some hay today for a change. No frost in the forcast, but lots more showers. I think we'll be haying into October this year :mad: Oats are nearly ready to be cut for greenfeed, and the hay is only just over half up. Oh well, maybe we'll get a good indian summer.

It definitely was frosty at 5:30 this morning. The car windshield and the lawn were frosty enough to show white. Maybe some of the mosquitoes will have froze too - I sure hope so.

No frost here- Got down to 36- which is probably good as their are still some crops out there with some green in them......

Oldtimer said:
No frost here- Got down to 36- which is probably good as their are still some crops out there with some green in them......

Hot and dusty in the TX Hill country, cooler weather caint come too soon for me.....................good luck, PS Hope I can find some woolies this year :D :D :D

HAY MAKER said:
Oldtimer said:

Hot and dusty in the TX Hill country, cooler weather caint come too soon for me.....................good luck, PS Hope I can find some woolies this year :D :D :D

Becareful what you wish for. Nebrusker might not be to far away. :wink:

Latest posts