• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Frosty Morning

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Triangle Bar

Reaction score
A nice 'frosty morning', not too cold this morning -5 F.

The garden entrance
IMG_0248.jpg

A close up
IMG_0249.jpg

Trees in the yard
IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Hay feeding machine... HydraBed with BaleFlkr attachment.
IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Flaked some off to the bulls
IMG_0255.jpg

The rest going to the cows
IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

All flaked off & ready to reload
IMG_0259.jpg

Cows, "We don't care how you feed it, but it better be good and lots of it." :lol:
IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone and a Healthy & Happy New Year :wave: :cboy:

How do you like your flaker? Been thinking about getting one for my hydra bed. Does it work good on hay that's packed tight?

tenbach79 said:
How do you like your flaker? Been thinking about getting one for my hydra bed. Does it work good on hay that's packed tight?

I like it alot, it's a handy tool. Actually, I think it works better on tighter packed bales. The bales stand better when bouncing over pies and yet the flakes separate just as well with the flaker. Looser grass and oat bales feed very well also but it takes practice not to dump all the hay in several large piles but like any new piece of equipment is takes some getting use to and I got on to it pretty fast. It's also great for filling feeders, you just pull up along side, release your arms, and use the pusher to push however much of the bale up the ramp and into your feeder.

It's truly an easy one man cow feeder for the large squares.

Cool frost pictures ( no pun intended) looks like it will be a while before anything grows in your garden.

Triangle Bar said:
It's truly an easy one man cow feeder for the large squares.

Great machine- first time I've seen one. Looks like it takes the work out of it so you can just chill for the rest of the day . . . (sorry, couldn't help myself after eastwind's comment :wink:)

JF Ranch said:
I like your ornamental garden gate entrance. It is pretty with the frost, but I'd like to see it on a warmer day. Did you make it?

Picked that up at a yard sale and it was in several pieces, somebody's unfinished project. The fancy stuff was already done, it just needed to be welded together.

Latest posts