• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Frosty Pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Some pics from today. Put out some more 10yr old barley straw bales while I had the right equipment.(My Dad's home for Christmas)

Expensive Feeding Equipment
139_3998_Large_.JPG

139_3997_Large_.JPG

139_3999_Large_.JPG

Going up....
139_4000_Large_.JPG

Waaaaayyy up.
140_4001_Large_.JPG

Gone.
140_4002_Large_.JPG

Cows wondering where the hay is. What's up with this straw stuff?
140_4004_Large_.JPG

Buttercup the milk cow doing fine on bale-grazing.
140_4005_Large_.JPG

Sunny Scenery
140_4006_Large_.JPG

140_4007_Large_.JPG

Windrow of Willows - looks more like a line of whipped cream.
140_4009_Large_.JPG

The road less travelled.
139_3994_Large_.JPG

Heavenly Highlands
140_4015_Large_.JPG

Back to the cheap equipment
140_4016_Large_.JPG

When the Highlands walk in, everyone else walks out.
140_4017_Large_.JPG

Have a good one all.

Pure Country, great snowy pics! Thanks for sharing with us.

Kit and his ex-wife used to have a milk cow named Buttercup, too.......she was a sweetheart of a milk cow, used to raise 3 or 4 dogies, in addition to her own calf every year. Gave milk like crazy, too.

Nice photos PC!

We have had lots of frosty scenery here too, but our sun never came out to make it sparkley, and now only the ground has frost :( I did take a couple photos of our bulls eating with the frosty tree rows behind them, maybe I'll post them later today!

Again, thanks for sharing!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Neat feed wagon,good looking cattle,the frost is beautiful right now....its too bad those that don't get this frost can't see the sparkle it generates.

Thx for posting the pics :)

I am envious of the way your bale unrolled in that picture. The timing was right, as I just got in from feeding, and I had one of those bales that just fell apart in the arms of the hydrabed, and spread over about 30 feet long and 4 feet deep. Sometimes our sorgum hay does that. Grass and Alfalfa usually does real well. Sometimes sorgum does too.

I hear what you mean Shortgrass - you roll out one bale and it takes 50yds to do it. The next one, you look back and it's gone! Oh well. I only roll out the first one to keep the cows content and out of my way. The rest of the bales I put on end and just pull the twines off. That particular field is really sandy soil, and we seeded it to grass 3 years ago. I put the bales on end to get some leftovers worked into the ground and try and build back something that resembles topsoil. If you roll every bale out, you don't get that litter left over because the cows lick it all up.

Thanks for the comments everyone. The frost sure is pretty right now. It's been like 12 days straight of this, and yesterday afternoon was the first day I think it's cleared off and been sunny. Sure made for good pics.

Brrrrrr.......seen ya left the truck door open. LOL Round here if it's cold.....I don't leave the truck door open...keep the heater goin, and doors closed...that way it's warm when ya git back in.

Pretty pictures....all of em. Ya know....them highlands have somethin about em that I like. Dunno what it is.....but they have eye appeal. They'd prolly smother to death down here with our heat and humidity.

Lilly, after being out in the cold every day, you don't think nothin' of leavin' the door open, you just get climatized. :lol: And with all the leaks in that old truck, it ain't much warmer inside than out! :lol: In all honesty it was only about 5degrees F. yesterday, so not too cold.

And here I thought we were the only ones around with hay of that vintage. :)

Your stock look as though they could handle anything that was thrown against them. :!:

PureCountry said:
Lilly, after being out in the cold every day, you don't think nothin' of leavin' the door open, you just get climatized. :lol: And with all the leaks in that old truck, it ain't much warmer inside than out! :lol: In all honesty it was only about 5degrees F. yesterday, so not too cold.

Yur absolutly right...unless the wind is blowing I never shut the door either when I'm out of the truck...ya just get use to it Lilly...lol

Jassy said:
PureCountry said:

Yur absolutly right...unless the wind is blowing I never shut the door either when I'm out of the truck...ya just get use to it Lilly...lol

The reason I always try to shut the pickup door, rain, shine, sleet or snow, is to prevent capering cows from cavorting into the door and wrecking it. This could happen, you know. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Jassy said:
PureCountry said:

The reason I always try to shut the pickup door, rain, shine, sleet or snow, is to prevent capering cows from cavorting into the door and wrecking it. This could happen, you know. :wink:

Yeap that's one reason I always shut the truck door too. Never know when a couple of em's gonna get to pushin each other around.....and just how would I explain a folded backwards door on the truck??? Just the other day while puttin out hay, a couple got to pushin, and I was inside the jeep.......they got a lil wild with it all, and I moved it outta the way.
The cab bein warm is just a bonus :wink:

HA! HA! You both got me there! Touche! Don't know who noticed, but the rear-view mirror is torn off of my driver's door. Guess how that happened? A certain cow who shall remain nameless(the wife's favorite) owes me 50lbs+ at weaning next year to pay for that. :lol:

Soapweed said:
Jassy said:
PureCountry said:

I guess I was referring to when I get out to drop the chute down..a 3 sec. job..or when I get a gate...No I don't leave it open when the cows are bombarding me...but then again,,it's Jazzy's job to keep them away from the cake chute and usually I don't have to much of a problem...BUT...(there's always a but...lol) I'm on my 3rd broken mirror though...lol Damn bulls! :wink:

Latest posts