• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Froze

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Doors on two trucks were froze shut whila go when I went out to start one. Finally pried a passenger side door open on one, to get in and start it. Now I see why HayMaker stocked up on stuff.....lol Doors freeze shut ya can't leave the house. :lol:

'Nother thought, just leave the windows rolled down, and then you can always reach in or get a better hold, to jerk the door open with! :wink:

Yikes...you have wussy trucks in Texas,don't remember ever havin my truck door frozen stuck even in -40. Do like your new avatar Lily :D

We had drizzlin rain into the night, then down around 25 degrees......it had the rubber seals frozen to the cab. door handles had a lil ice on em, but not enuff to keep em from openin, was the other that had em stuck tight.

Finally got above ten here this morning, clear up to 16 but the wind chill is about -30 and the drifts are getting deep. Wish the house doors would freeze shut so I have an excuse for staying by the fire!

I can identify Jersey. Couple of days ago I thought it would be a good idea to have a steam truck wash my pickup on the oil company's dime. Sure made it look good, but when I got home at -30 C I dang near had to kick my way out of the truck. Luckily it's warmed up now so I can open the hood, windows and such.

Just teasin you Lily,haven't ever had my truck door stuck BUT my yards pretty sheltered.And they do sell an alchol based product for unthawen doors so ya it happens. Greg

Lilly, if you have the time and the patience, a hair dryer works great. I've done it before because my car doors will freeze shut if I wash it when it's cold. (I've learnt to just leave it dirty till spring). If you try to pry or pull it open, it just wrecks the rubber seal.

Damn cold weather,I already have enough of this crap,been out all morning breakin ice in troughs,then found out my well pump froze,my pressure pump did alright so I still have about 3000 gal. of water,that wont last long,cattle drink alot of water in cold weather and tonite is suppose to be the coldest yet,then back to normal I dont see how yall operate in cold weather,seems like it is always causing some kinda problem not to mention it increases accidents..........well IM a through complaining now :D :D .................good luck
PS I knew there was a good reason to live in the south :wink:

Shelly said:
Lilly, if you have the time and the patience, a hair dryer works great. I've done it before because my car doors will freeze shut if I wash it when it's cold. (I've learnt to just leave it dirty till spring). If you try to pry or pull it open, it just wrecks the rubber seal.

I worked at a car wash in college after you wash your car wipe the door jamb's with a towel then close them one click so they are part way open till the air dries it out a cheap lock deicer is windshield washer fluid put it in a spray bottle and squirt it right in the locks.My wife is always washing her car not me I like mud....

faster horses,I thought I was prepared for it,been alot of cold weather through here since I built that pump house,and had a heater in it last nite,but some how it froze anyway,I think it was that strong north wind ,it blew all nite and the chill factor was -15 ? I believe that wind and add a lil moisture with temps that low caused it,anyway guess IM lucky so far,hope you are staying warm.............good luck

PS just noticed Lilly's new avatar,getting kinda sexy in her ole age :wink:

Mr Lilly just called on his way home from work, bank sign says 29 and wind chill -22 yeap I did not studder....MINUS 22!!!! Nothins thawed out here all day. Oh n he said there was snow flurries!!!!!

HayMaker, wanna share that whiskey?

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Mr Lilly just called on his way home from work, bank sign says 29 and wind chill -22 yeap I did not studder....MINUS 22!!!! Nothins thawed out here all day. Oh n he said there was snow flurries!!!!!

HayMaker, wanna share that whiskey?

Yup,never miss an oppurtunity to drink with a good looking woman,hope you got a big fire going,tonite is supposed to be colder,might hafta break down and fire up the furnance,so far just been burning fire wood and the house is nice and warm,course you might need couple shots of good whiskey too :wink: ...............good luck
PS we did'nt really get any snow,got a lil sleet but plenty cold for me,took all morning breaking ice off these troughs and trying to get stuff thawed out.

Looks to me like we changed weather with you Texans .....+12 outside today to us Canadians thats almost shirt and short weather thx guys ,keep the cold all weekend,we're havin our family xmas get together and quite a few have to travel from Calgary

Latest posts