• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

fuel price

Help Support Ranchers.net:

elwapo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
817
Reaction score
0
Location
medicine hat
If Canada is the second largest supplier of oil and gas to the U.S. next to the Saudis. How can the u.s. retail price of fuel be lower than it is here in Canada. We just rolled over $1 per litre in Southern Alberta. :mad:
 

Shelly

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
Isn't this price gouging ridiculous? $1.04 here for gas, diesel is $.95. I figured it would cost close to $100 to fill my car. Suffice it to say, we'll be driving the diesel half-ton alot more. Farm prices are way out of line, too. I just had both 500 gallon tanks filled, close to $3000 for that. Harvest is going to be a bitch, because when the combine's working, it's hungry for fuel. And then there's the swathers and grain truck to keep filling, too. I would peg our fuel bill for harvesting this year will run well over $7000. And we only farm between us and the best friend about 1900 acres, and he supplies the fuel for his acres.
 

CattleCo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
You mean the Canadina Ag economy is not flourishing like the Ag Economy here in the US? TO hear Agman tell it his charts and graphs tell us we are all rolling in economic clover? :roll:

Maybe we have the same economist and commodity brokers running back and forth across the border? Sounds like you Canadians are getting more bull crap data like our COF report!
BIG PROBLEM.....AG commodity prices go up and go down and go up etc.......cost of PRODUCTIONS GOES UP and UP and UP and UP GET THE PICTURE......???? But we are rolling in clover........looks like 5 wt calves on the Video today are under a buck fifteen ! What happenend to those 150.00 calves from last month......looks like if you waited a month you could save [email protected] head!! :roll:
 

agman

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,664
Reaction score
0
Location
Denver, CO
CattleCo said:
You mean the Canadina Ag economy is not flourishing like the Ag Economy here in the US? TO hear Agman tell it his charts and graphs tell us we are all rolling in economic clover? :roll:

Maybe we have the same economist and commodity brokers running back and forth across the border? Sounds like you Canadians are getting more bull crap data like our COF report!
BIG PROBLEM.....AG commodity prices go up and go down and go up etc.......cost of PRODUCTIONS GOES UP and UP and UP and UP GET THE PICTURE......???? But we are rolling in clover........looks like 5 wt calves on the Video today are under a buck fifteen ! What happenend to those 150.00 calves from last month......looks like if you waited a month you could save [email protected] head!! :roll:

It would be appropriate if you could just get your facts correct just once. I have stated on numerous occassions the impact of higher energy costs on consumers and the economy. The fact is this economy continues to move onward and upward despite higher energy costs.
 

elwapo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
817
Reaction score
0
Location
medicine hat
Agman do you think energy prices are the prime inflationary influence we are facing. I read in a financial paper that inflation is being seriously under-reported at this time.
 

CattleCo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
It would be appropriate if you could just get your facts correct just once. I have stated on numerous occassions the impact of higher energy costs on consumers and the economy. The fact is this economy continues to move onward and upward despite higher energy costs.

WAIT UNTIL THE CREDIT CARD BILL COMES DUE NEXT MONTH AFTER THESE SUMMER VACATIONS! IT IS A PHONY ECONOMY>>>>>>BUT WE WILL FIND OUT WHO IS RIGHT SOON..... :roll:
 

CattleCo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
AGMAN,
I would like your take on the article in the Aug Issue of Feedlot Magazine by Ann Barnhardt................
 

rattlesnake

New member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Correction! I believe the US imports the largest amount of oil from Can.(17%). Lets just hope that the way the yanks are slapping tariffs on Canadian imports that they don't get ignorant over our oil. They might just decide to go looking for WMD in FT McMurry. Have a good one!
 

Bill

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
0
Location
GWN
elwapo said:
If Canada is the second largest supplier of oil and gas to the U.S. next to the Saudis. How can the u.s. retail price of fuel be lower than it is here in Canada. We just rolled over $1 per litre in Southern Alberta. :mad:
This can be explained with one simple word. TAXATION :mad: :mad: :mad:
 

elwapo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
817
Reaction score
0
Location
medicine hat
would it not be better to apply the tax to the product in the pipeline heading south. Since the big pipelines have gone through to the south we have lost a very large industry (methanex) that relied on the afforable gas we produced here in southern Alberta reducing us again to a supplier of raw product and losing jobs to the U.S. Given the way we have been colonialized by NAFTA, I think it is time to rethink the way we do business. We need fair trade not one sided trade that illegally applies tarrifs and other restrictions to soft wood lumber , wheat, and beef. The U.S is just ignoring WTO judgements at will and at the expense of Canadians.
 

redriver

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Location
se mb
elwapo said:
would it not be better to apply the tax to the product in the pipeline heading south. Since the big pipelines have gone through to the south we have lost a very large industry (methanex) that relied on the afforable gas we produced here in southern Alberta reducing us again to a supplier of raw product and losing jobs to the U.S. Given the way we have been colonialized by NAFTA, I think it is time to rethink the way we do business. We need fair trade not one sided trade that illegally applies tarrifs and other restrictions to soft wood lumber , wheat, and beef. The U.S is just ignoring WTO judgements at will and at the expense of Canadians.

It's funny, we keep telling the polititians that, but nothing is ever done. We just keep bending over for our american "friends". I for one am getting bloody sick and tired of it. We should put a $10/barrel tax on all oil shipped south, and use that to counter the illegal tarrifs on softwood, wheat, and whatever else is being unlawfully restricted.
 

agman

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,664
Reaction score
0
Location
Denver, CO
elwapo said:
Agman do you think energy prices are the prime inflationary influence we are facing. I read in a financial paper that inflation is being seriously under-reported at this time.

It is a factor but not as much as in past periods. I expect Canada is very similar to the U.S. Energy use per dollar of output is approximately one-half it was in 1979 when oil hit $50 per barrel. As such, to have the same impact on the economy oil would have to go to $100 per barrel.

World economic growth is projected to post a gain of 4%. I expect U.S growth may slow to 2.5%. Remember, the U.S economy has led in growth while Europe and Japan were still trying to restore growth. Core inflation rates remain low at this time and the fed has raised rates that will nip any inflation. There action will ultimately prove to be bullish.
 

Latest posts

Top