• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fulton horse sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
Hubby and I stopped by Fultons horse sale this morning, and saw alot of really really nice horses...alot of color too. We couldn't stay, and I was wondering if anyone went to the sale and how it went...I sure hope he had a great sale...

Jassy said:
Hubby and I stopped by Fultons horse sale this morning, and saw alot of really really nice horses...alot of color too. We couldn't stay, and I was wondering if anyone went to the sale and how it went...I sure hope he had a great sale...

I didn't get to the preview in the arena, but did get to the sale. It looked pretty hot to me. Lot 28, FRENCH STREAKTOVEGAS, a bay roan 2007 stallion by A STREAK OF FLING sold for $31,000. Lot 63, PAC N THE HEAT, a 2002 sorrel gelding by ASHES IN THE FIRE and out of PAC A DEE AA, brought $27,000. These two were the high sellers, but the whole sale did very well.

Disclaimer: The following information may or may not be accurate.

Another disclaimer: The following sale results do not, and I repeat do not, reflect the real world value of horses.

I sold my grey saddle horse Smokey at a horse sale last Tuesday. Smokey is a nice registered Quarter Horse eight-year-old gelding. I've owned and ridden him for the past four years. He is a well put-together horse, gentle, easy-to-catch, sound, and travels nicely. He will not watch a cow and has not a cowy bone in his body, which is why I sold him and guaranteed him to be that way. :roll: :wink: He topped the market that day at $1500. I was quite happy, considering I had only paid $1100 for him and had only invested four years worth of feed and additional training in him. :roll: Guess some of that could be charged off to "rent" for the use of his labor. :)

Anyway, just because these horses yesterday sold for big money, don't anyone get your hopes up that all horses are worth this much. :wink:

Lookedlikeaverygoodsale.jpg

Congrats to Brian and Lisa, and your family. It is hard to find better people than Brian and Lisa Fulton and their family, and their horses are equally as good as they are.

We had planned to attend the sale, however, we started weaning calves Friday and continued into yesterday, so a kibosh was put to those plans. :mad: I was interested in the lot 37 weanling, a CS Flashlight colt. It looks like I have expensive taste! :lol:

We did attend the sale virtually though by watching the sale over the internet. We wondered who on ranchers.net would be there, and both lazy ace and I agreed Soapweed would be there. We even talked that you might be interested in the black paint gelding, (lot 58?), beings he was black and a paint, and seemed to be a good buy.

Again, congrats to Brian and Lisa. Lazy Ace and I hope this is a good start to a luckier year for your guys.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Thanks Soapweed for the info...I'm so glad they had a good sale...I would of liked to load up a couple of them horses in my trailer..they sure would of looked good standing out here with the rest of my lawn ornaments..lol

$1500 for a ranch horse is good Soapweed...we're having a hard time getting rid of 3 here..I've got a paint that would look good in yur herd..lol

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
It's only those rich barrel racers still buying horses :wink:

The ranchers have all gone to quads. :? Or so it seems. :(

Key words.....rich barrel racers.....lol
Hey, isn't there one of them in your house lily? How is school treating her this year?

i'm happy to hear they had a good sale. i have never met Brian, but sounds like a hell of a guy, and obviously a hell of a cowboy. i know a few younger rodeo guys he has taken under his wing and has done a alot for them. congrats to the Fultons....

LOL yeah....only the first word is missin here.....LOL

She's been goin a full week, so far she loves it. But I don't think the workload has kicked in for real yet. Probably will this week. Her favorite class by far is "The History of Rock n Roll" it's an "art" class, and they give them a list that they can choose from for their required credit, and that's the one she chose.

Then there's Animal Science, Lab for A/S, Trig, haha I can't remember all her classes. She goes five days a week, but Monday's her longest day, till 5pm. Tues n Thurs she's done at 10:50am. Wed and Fri she's done by 1pm. So not so bad. Then she comes home and rides. Then studies in the evenins.

Latest posts