• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

funeral protesters & the patriot guard

Help Support Ranchers.net:

fedup2

Reaction score
A group of protesters have been going to military funerals & saying things like, these people died because God is mad because of gays etc.
A group called the patriot guard , a group of bikers have also been going to all military funerals to honor the soldiers killed. They make it a point to stand in front of these protesters with their backs turned to them so the families are not bothered by them as they did during Spc. Michael L. Hermanson's funeral. (the family invited them) They are joined by many other bikers including the Viet Nam Vets M\C and many local bikers.

An article and the guard web site:

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/06/04/news/state/115816.txt

http://www.patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/postid/97470/view/topic/Default.aspx

I am always amazed at what some folks will do,but this takes it to another level,as I wasnt aware of this.
Some of these people are so harden in their beliefs they will disrespect the dead and a family, that is trying to cope with the loss of a family member,it dont get much lower than that,like an old sayin goes "there is a time and place for everything"spewing hatred at a funeral is not the "time or the place"...............good luck

I watched on the news the other night as they filmed these protestors and my family listened to their venom they spilled about "God hating the united states and that this soldier was doomed to hell for fighting in this war"....my 10 year old cried and asked me how someone could be so horribly insensitive to the pain the soldiers family (including widow and 3 small children) was enduring!!! :cry: :cry:

Just another example of how apathic we have become.
First is outrage, but nothing is done. Then it is 'normal' because
we have become used to it and from there it is accepted. We have
become NUMB as a society.

Just look back at the things we used to abhorr that we now
accept. Makes me ill.

This is OUTRAGEOUS!! So what do we do about it?

This is gonna get me in deep trouble, but you can bet your boots
it isn't CONSERVATIVES that are protesting at these funerals.

'Nuff said.

reader (the Second) said:
Faster horses said:
I didn't know that. Open mouth insert foot. I apologize.

I don't, however, think conservatives belong to cults.

No, me neither. Nut cases like the leader of this cult would exist regardless of the media or Rush or polarization. This guy is really FAR out there.

I was thinking about Waco and how mad everyone was at the Dept of Justice (ATF, FBI) and Janet Reno over their heavy handed handling of a couple of these cults in the West.

What did you think about that? And what did you think about the Oklahoma City Murrah Bldg bombing? I think sometimes we have as much to fear from homegrown nut case cults as we do from foreign terrorists. The Unibomber is another one who comes to mind. They come from both ends of the spectrum -- "liberal" and fundamentalist...

My high school government teacher explained it this way. She drew a line on the blackboard and placed liberal philosophy on the left versus conservative philosophy on the right. More extreme liberalism is called "radical" and more extreme conservatisim is called "reactionary". She then extended the lines on each side, going down in circular fashion to meet at the bottom, thus forming a complete circle. Her point was that very extreme radicalism and very extreme reactionism meet at the bottom of the circle to merge as one, and become indistinguishable from each other. There are out-of-touch crack-pot loonies on each side.

These radicals are only a click or two further to the right then alot of the posters on this site. I bet they all voted for Bush both times. You all are so worried about "liberals" that you can't see a right-wing nut job right in front of your nose.

It's like the comedian Ron White says...." you can't fix STUPID".....and these protestors are STUPID.

I think the fools are the worst of slime. Taking the Lords name in vain will have it's consequences down the road. You reap what you sow.
Edit: I need to clarify I guess. One way you can use Gods name in vain is using the power of His name to add more credibility to their purpose. If someone says God told me , when he really didn't , they are just using His name because of the athourity it adds.
These morons are simply stupid.

Latest posts