• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Funny how things change............

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I wasn't in favor of starting a war with Iraq, was hoping Suddam would back down. But I think that Suddam and the terrorists needed to be confronted and that someday, history will give Bush credit for having the courage to confront them, knowing it would not be popular.
Obama has promised to bow to the most radical in the nation who want to make abortion more legal by supporting FOCA, (Freedom of Choice Act) which will erase all opposition to abortion and go against people's right of conscience, infringing on religious rights.
Also it seems to me to be another cowardly act to want to outlaw radio talk shows.

CattleArmy said:
I wonder what Obama will bring to this country and how we as Americans will do with this new role of leadership. However, I think it's time we give the man a chance who knows what he will do or how he will do at this time? Why fear the unknown? Why not realize that this is the person the majority of America has chosen to lead and get on board with support? Can that many Americans have made that terrible of a choice? If so won't they suffer the error of their ways along with you and I?

I am all for giving the president elect a chance.. but your memory is short.. because I don't remember many giving the last guy much of a chance..

so maybe when Obama actually does something to earn the other "47%"'s respect, we could give him a chance.. but based on his record and existing statements,.. I see little reason to give him a chance... as I don't support his extreme liberal policies and statements..

Aztumbleweed said:
. Quit envying others and being gleeful that it should be taken from those who have more to give to those who have less (and typically seem to believe everyone else owes them something for nothing). Tumbleweed's wife

I don't envy others that have more I'm thrilled for them. I just try not to care to much about stuff that doesn't seem to be going to effect me or the "small little world" I live in. As far as gleeful I hardly get gleeful about anything now that I'm no longer a teen.

You mean everyone doesn't owe me something? Well ffs you just crushed my idea of reality. :roll:

Aztumbleweed said:
Cattlearmy said 'Those that have huge herds and drive brand new everything to me they can afford it.'

Isn't it funny how someone else can afford a tax as long as it doesn't affect you?!!!!!! Not everyone who has "huge herds" (apparently defined as anyone with more than 50 head) drive a brand new everything. Most of the people I know who have "huge herds" and drive brand new everything are NOT ranchers, they are people with income from other resources who own a ranch and hire "poor" people like us.

We manage a ranch that runs 500 head. We cannot afford a new truck among many other needed outlays for our family. We haven't been able to buy a "new" truck in over 10 years. That tax would consume 100% of what we would make on this ranch and more so if cattle prices keep falling. We'll be out of a job. This probably doesn't hurt the people without money. It hurts us because the people with money STOP putting money into our economy and invest it in places to keep it safe from money grabbers.

Pray that we all can be prosperous. Quit envying others and being gleeful that it should be taken from those who have more to give to those who have less (and typically seem to believe everyone else owes them something for nothing). Not everyone that has is evil and not everyone that has not is good.

I'm pro-choice. You have the CHOICE to be responsible for your actions. You have a choice to participate in activities that lead to pregnancy or NOT. And don't give me the bull about rape and endangerment of the mother's life. THAT IS RARELY THE REASON! Quit making excuses and start taking responsibility for all your actions.

The lack of responsibility is the true dumbing down of America.

You can flame if you want, but I won't be the one burned.

May love, hope and grace find their way into all your hearts!!

Tumbleweed's wife

I'm just thrilled to learn 500 head to some is huge. When in reality 500 head now days is just paying the bills. A good life but still having to watch expenses. From what I have watched and read it's gonna be way larger operations then 500 head that get the belching tax.

A man doesn't have laws that tell him what he will do with his body and so why should a woman? The law might be able to make women carry a baby to term but in no way can it make that woman be a parent. A parent loves, cares, and nurtures their child. If birth made everyone parents there wouldn't be abused and neglected children.

CattleArmy said:
I think the belching cows incident is not really going to effect you or I as we don't have large enough herds. Those that have huge herds and drive brand new everything to me they can afford it.

This comment pretty well shows your worth and intellect!

Think about what you said and how selfish and stupid it makes you look!

The selfish part should be easy for you to understand! But I will help you with the stupid part! Any cost placed on a supplier will eventually find its way to a consumer. So That poor person (aka you) will eventually pay for the tax. Meaning that McDonald's will raise the price of their Happy means to reflect the rise in hamburger cost.

The more the government puts taxes and penalties on Businesses (Ranchers) the more the cost of goods rise and the larger the burden on the average person buying them goods!

But the thing most wrong with your post is the attitude that you are willing to tax someone else as long as you are not taxed. That shows a lot about the type of person you must be!!!!!!!!!!

aplusmnt said:
CattleArmy said:
I think the belching cows incident is not really going to effect you or I as we don't have large enough herds. Those that have huge herds and drive brand new everything to me they can afford it.

This comment pretty well shows your worth and intellect!

Think about what you said and how selfish and stupid it makes you look!

The selfish part should be easy for you to understand! But I will help you with the stupid part! Any cost placed on a supplier will eventually find its way to a consumer. So That poor person (aka you) will eventually pay for the tax. Meaning that McDonald's will raise the price of their Happy means to reflect the rise in hamburger cost.

The more the government puts taxes and penalties on Businesses (Ranchers) the more the cost of goods rise and the larger the burden on the average person buying them goods!

But the thing most wrong with your post is the attitude that you are willing to tax someone else as long as you are not taxed. That shows a lot about the type of person you must be!!!!!!!!!!

Oh kiss my ass. You are always one of the first to run in and claim how superior you are or your way of thinking is. Just because I don't get all riled up about the belching tax because it doesn't effect me makes you have this far fetched idea that you fricking know me. When in fact you haven't a clue about me.

As far as not caring if someone else is taxed if I'm not. I think that's a pretty general concensus in the agriculture world. With all the write offs and deductions that we all get at tax time that the average working American doesn't. Most ranchers have bought a pickup or piece of equipment or even them damn belching cows in order to not have to pay dear old uncle Sam. Yet you call me stupid and know the kind of person I am for simply not giving a rats ass if someone else is taxed if the issue doesn't directly involve me. Recall how stupid I am when your accountant tells you that you need a deduction and you run out and spend some money while the working class just has to pay.

Latest posts