• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

future bucking bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Buckerette

Reaction score
We had our first live calf of the year (had a stillborn a couple of weeks ago :cry: :cry: )

Thought I'd share a picture.

I'm not sure yet if it's a bull or heifer, but with the full moon I'm guessing bull. If she'll quit hiding him from me, I could watch him long enough and figure it out :oops:

7FH.jpg

mom is out of a brahmer cow and and old bucking bull of Bob West's.

Dad is by Poncho (the sire to Coyote Ugly)and a daughter to CP24.

Just got back from feeding and confirmed it's a bull!

So you dont just walk up and check them little buckers? Would the mother buckers have a buckin fit.

if you don't watch they might tell you to buck off :) :p

I know, the line.... the line... It is just waiting to be crossed :)

Come on elwapo.. Don't you just see the love in momma's eyes lol.. No idea if she is a nasty, freindly or neutrel cow but something about that look on her face would keep me darn close to my truck lol.. Might just be the brahma in her though..

I do believe it is the helmet she is wearing that might be causing you to hug your truck. :)

She is EXTREMELY mean! Especially to women, don't know why but she does.

I took that picture from the safety of the truck with a good zoom.

I've always heard bulls are most likely born on the full moon, don't know the reason behind it. Just one of those "the old timers say" kind of thing.

This little guy carries his tail high, so I could see his "goods." Normally to check the sex (this may be gross), we just watch them pee. If it comes from underneath it's a boy, behind a girl. (much safer then trying getting up to them).

Here is a pic of the sire:
Noodles2006.jpg

Judith said:
I do believe it is the helmet she is wearing that might be causing you to hug your truck. :)

Nope..The horns don't scare me, have a few horned critters here.. Its that look... And I am glad to hear from Buckerette that my suspicions were right of course, how many bucker moms are the ones who will come up and say hi in a non "I'm going to eat you" type of manner...

Cure little bull calf, of course all little calves are pretty darn cute.
hope he works out for you.

elwapo said:
So you dont just walk up and check them little buckers? Would the mother buckers have a buckin fit.
You can bet your "DONKEY" on it!! And if you are raising "Buckin' Bulls", you want the Dams to be - - 'HUBRIS'!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks guys!

Yea, he'll be registered with the ABBI. I had his sire nominated as an incentive sire as well.

If he's good enough we'll either haul him to futurities or sale him to go.

I think I'll have another one tonight, mom is bagging up pretty good and is stringing.

There is a picture of a bucker that we raised and this is him two weeks ago at the practice pen.

His name is Snark

Untitled_0006_0007.jpg

Latest posts