• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Gas $$ and Cattle Weight

Help Support Ranchers.net:

AgTech

Reaction score
Across from my office I see Casey's General Stores Price Sign.

Monday 6 AM $2.50

Tues 6 AM $ 2.61

Wed 6 AM $ 2.64

Wed 11 AM $ 2.839 :x :mad: :mad: :

How much weight will the cattle loose WALKING to point of sale ??

Will Car dealers become horse traders ???

All Jokes aside....this gas is rediculous...people will have to cut back in a major way...they will have to still get to work. So, my guess is the meat section in the Grocery is the prime candidate.

Thank Goodness for the good folks at TYSON ( pork / poultry ), CONAGRA, ET AL !!!! :clap:

Gas up here today is about $3.55 US per US gallon. 1.12 Can/liter.

Reason for difference is taxation.

LOL

I remember an old Horseman, Elwyn Hall, (and he was the best I ever knew), talking one time after trying to buy a new truck.... He said, "I can't wait for this fuel to run out so them Bast**** have to come to me to buy a horse to get around on."

PPRM

PPRM said:
LOL

I remember an old Horseman, Elwyn Hall, (and he was the best I ever knew), talking one time after trying to buy a new truck.... He said, "I can't wait for this fuel to run out so them Bast**** have to come to me to buy a horse to get around on."

PPRM

If it gets much higher I will ride my horse to the farm to feed cows this winter.Of course first my broken hip from that horse needs to heal another 5 weeks.The way that horse covers ground it wont take to long to cover the 11 mile ride.

AgTech said:
Across from my office I see Casey's General Stores Price Sign.

Monday 6 AM $2.50

Tues 6 AM $ 2.61

Wed 6 AM $ 2.64

Wed 11 AM $ 2.839 :x :mad: :mad: :

How much weight will the cattle loose WALKING to point of sale ??

Will Car dealers become horse traders ???

All Jokes aside....this gas is rediculous...people will have to cut back in a major way...they will have to still get to work. So, my guess is the meat section in the Grocery is the prime candidate.

Thank Goodness for the good folks at TYSON ( pork / poultry ), CONAGRA, ET AL !!!! :clap:

Per our calculation the rise in crude oil prices since July 21, has decreased consumer discretionary spending by $56.75 billion dollars.

A very highly regarded firm tracking consumer reaction to the escalation in gasoline prices has indicated that 18% of those recently surveyed indicated they have reduced their expenditures in fast food establishments. Additionally, 19% said they have reduced their expenditures in full-service restaurants. The real impact of this will be realized post-Labor Day.

Catastrophes like this will obviously decrease short term economic activity but will add to economic growth in the fourth quarter as reconstruction is underway.

Per our calculation the rise in crude oil prices since July 21, has decreased consumer discretionary spending by $56.75 billion dollars.

A very highly regarded firm tracking consumer reaction to the escalation in gasoline prices has indicated that 18% of those recently surveyed indicated they have reduced their expenditures in fast food establishments. Additionally, 19% said they have reduced their expenditures in full-service restaurants. The real impact of this will be realized post-Labor Day.

Catastrophes like this will obviously decrease short term economic activity but will add to economic growth in the fourth quarter as reconstruction is underway.

GIVE ME A BREAK......."reconstruction is underway" WITH WHAT!!!!!????????????????? If you have lost 56.75B in "discretionary spending what the hell are you going to use AGMAN.....play money?!
Take your charts and graph and stick them..........we are in uncharted territory........ When was the last time we put 140 WalMart Stores out of business for a period of time??????

Well, my niece has been found !!! She somehow had the sense to evacuate early.

Our govt has become a global embarassment. Obviously.

SO so so so Pathetic. How can any reporter with a camera and a car get to GROUND ZERO but our designated resources cannot ?
A Taliban or Al Queda member who even thinks about picking up his arms can be zapped by our might, an " alleged " sniper in New Orleans keeps away our Military ?? Prorities I suppose.
People are dead or are getting there.
Anyone who dares an attempt of defense of their inept
actions best reconsider, even DUBYA reversed his statements regarding
the handling of the disaster. That is HISTORIC in his entire Term ! He has never backed downed, recanted or admited fault before. Ever.

FINALLY ! Even a fool knows to some extent his foolish acts

" But we will win the war on terror "...no matter what attitude is getting old. The BILLION $$ / Day in Iraq are well spent ? The local gov't ( and maybe Corp of Engineers ? ) of New Orleans requested an increase to deal with the antiquated Levy system. Instead they got drastic cuts. " We be in a war right now, and we'd be better off focusing our efforts anywhere but home " .... Probably shouldn't be in quotes, but then again maybe it had been said ?!

By the way, the guy that went to bat for the funds for the Levy was FIRED.....the administration called it obvious PORK. Good Lord !!!!!!!!

FINALLY ! Even a fool knows to some extent his foolish acts.

Gas prices. Unbelievable.

Thurs AM : $ 2.89 / 2.99

Fri 6 AM : $2.89 / 2.99

7 AM : $ 2.99 / 3.09

9 AM : $ 3.09 / 3.15

10 AM : ?????????????????????????????????

At least GWB had the sense, I mean had the sense to listen to the advisor
who said RELEASE THE RESERVES !

The country has never been in an equivelent situation, in modern history.

The guessers, economists are going to miss it by a mile.( Surprise )

Not today, or this weekend...but look out.......the ripples of effect
have yet to even develop.

Please spare me any Republican, Right wing wacked auto response or
" Christian " fundametalists rhetoric or defense.

It wouldnt be " Prudent ".

CattleCo said:

GIVE ME A BREAK......."reconstruction is underway" WITH WHAT!!!!!????????????????? If you have lost 56.75B in "discretionary spending what the hell are you going to use AGMAN.....play money?!
Take your charts and graph and stick them..........we are in uncharted territory........ When was the last time we put 140 WalMart Stores out of business for a period of time??????

The money does not disappear. The use of the funds are diverted from "other" purchases to fuel. Those funds get recirculated back into the economy. It amazes me that you talk so much and know so very little. The sky is always falling in your world. Unemployment was reported at 4.9%, the lowest in four years but I expect your personal survey is more encompassing. Give the world a break from your constant fear mongering.

This will be a hit to our economy until reconstruction gets underway which generally takes eight weeks to get into full swing. Evidently the rest of the world is more industrious than you. They view the sky as a sign of an opportunity of to create new and better things for the future.

BTW, only 36 Wal-mart stores are closed in the whole region, 25 Super Centers and 4 Sams. It is too bad you are completely out of the loop. They have set up four mobile pharmacies and will keep paying all employees displaced by Katrina. Additionally, they have already donated $25 million to relief efforts.

They are already beginning to load grain out of the port and oil is being unloaded at a 50% rate.

Why do you even get out of bed? Remember, the sky is always falling by your view; you personally should seek cover at all times. The rest of the world will move forward without you.

agman said:
CattleCo said:

The money does not disappear. The use of the funds are diverted from "other" purchases to fuel. Those funds get recirculated back into the economy. It amazes me that you talk so much and know so very little. The sky is always falling in your world. Unemployment was reported at 4.9%, the lowest in four years but I expect your personal survey is more encompassing. Give the world a break from your constant fear mongering.

This will be a hit to our economy until reconstruction gets underway which generally takes eight weeks to get into full swing. Evidently the rest of the world is more industrious than you. They view the sky as a sign of an opportunity of to create new and better things for the future.

BTW, only 36 Wal-mart stores are closed in the whole region, 25 Super Centers and 4 Sams. It is too bad you are completely out of the loop. They have set up four mobile pharmacies and will keep paying all employees displaced by Katrina. Additionally, they have already donated $25 million to relief efforts.

They are already beginning to load grain out of the port and oil is being unloaded at a 50% rate.

Why do you even get out of bed? Remember, the sky is always falling by your view; you personally should seek cover at all times. The rest of the world will move forward without you.

Agman- Are those several hundred thousand that live in the New Orleans "projects" included in the unemployment rate statistics? Or have they been out of the cycle for so long they are not even considered--many have probably never even applied for a job in their lifetime...Problem with numbers is you can juggle them around any which way you want to make them read what you want.... 4.9% looks good- but it doesn't take into account the millions living in these government projects in the cities and on the rez's............

Oldtimer said:
agman said:
CattleCo said:

Agman- Are those several hundred thousand that live in the New Orleans "projects" included in the unemployment rate statistics? Or have they been out of the cycle for so long they are not even considered--many have probably never even applied for a job in their lifetime...Problem with numbers is you can juggle them around any which way you want to make them read what you want.... 4.9% looks good- but it doesn't take into account the millions living in these government projects in the cities and on the rez's............

If you have a better survey why don't you start a private company and publish your data. That said, those not seeking employment are not included. That would include some but not all the people you reference as many do work. At a level of 4.9% unemployment the economy is essentially at full employment. A certain portion of workers are always in transition. To get much lower unemployment you would have to begin dragging drunks out of the alleys. Thanks for the question.

THe CEO of Wal Mar said 140 on CNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really I do not give a crap... WalMArt does not pay for one damm item until it is sold....YOU RE OUT OF THE LOOP...I SAID BEFORE ....stick .....your charts and graphs. BIG DEAL ........Like I said before Commodity Brokers are the Bin Laden fo Agriculture>>>>>Have a great Trading Day!

CattleCo said:

THe CEO of Wal Mar said 140 on CNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really I do not give a crap... WalMArt does not pay for one damm item until it is sold....YOU RE OUT OF THE LOOP...I SAID BEFORE ....stick .....your charts and graphs. BIG DEAL ........Like I said before Commodity Brokers are the Bin Laden fo Agriculture>>>>>Have a great Trading Day!

The information you posted was outdated. The information I provided was current up to the time I made the post. I can assure you it was not second-hand information. What a myth, Wal-Mart does not pay for anything until it is sold. What dream world do you live in?

Your bitterness against commodity brokers sounds to me like someone who lost their butt speculating and now blames their commodity broker.
Did he call the shots or did you? If you let him call the shots don't blame him as you allowed him or her to act on your behalf.

Have you noticed how the great people in this country have already begun the reconstruction while people such as yourself await the falling sky. There are those good people who get things done in this world while other just constantly complain and assign guilt.

You have already qualified yourself so don't blame someone for holding a mirror in front of you. We are the most blessed people on this planet. Give good men and women credit for what they have already accomplished and what they will accomplish in the future. The sky is not falling, the sun is just beginning to show on the horizon; take a good look, it is another great day.

Latest posts