• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

gas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
Came into get Mrs. Boss, had a phone call from friend while I was waiting. Gas up your outfits this morning if you live in town as it will jump 15 cents this afternoon.
What is the price of gas where you live? This morning he said in town it was $2.09 and delivered to the ranch add another 10 cents, so will be $2.34 here. Well off to move some pairs.

reader (the Second) said:
rancher said:
Came into get Mrs. Boss, had a phone call from friend while I was waiting. Gas up your outfits this morning if you live in town as it will jump 15 cents this afternoon.
What is the price of gas where you live? This morning he said in town it was $2.09 and delivered to the ranch add another 10 cents, so will be $2.34 here. Well off to move some pairs.

We're paying $30.00 to tank up here now. Up from $20.00 a tank not long ago. So much for the beneficial effect of a free Iraq on oil prices :wink:

Reader what do you ride a motor scooter. Try a $100 plus on some of these trucks rancher use everyday.Some of these semi's hold about 240 gallons.

Gas in Ontario is still about .87/L for the low grade. That's $3.95 per Gallon. This is where we get hosed on the Metric system. :mad:

I average about 4000 km/month (2400 miles), a .10 increase hurts bad.

Reader, got a used scooter I can buy?

Oh well, maybe in five years the hybrids will be cheap enough to buy! What will happen to the States/provinces who's economies depend on revenue from oil, that's what worries me. In most cases they are also the agricultural communitees

Diesel fuel is over $.90 at the pumps in North East BC. Gas is the same. Doesn't quite line up with the prices I get for my calves......

Farm fuel #2 is $1.89 a gallon here delivered cash price.Road fuel is $2.23 a gallon

In 2003 the US imported 756,354,000 barrels of crude oil and petroleum products for Canada. They also imported 3,489,928 million cubic feet of Natural gas.

We're paying $30.00 to tank up here now. Up from $20.00 a tank not long ago. So much for the beneficial effect of a free Iraq on oil prices

I find it funny you guys are so worried about Iraq you get over 4 times as much crude oil and petroleum products for Canada as you do from them. There is not one single country in OPEC that supplied you with as much as Canada did in 2003.

At the port of entry closest to usthe trucks just run steady hauling gas , desiel, and crude oil , Cebull thought the cattle trucks would cause to much "Environmental Damage" to Montana. What about the super B tankers running down our roads.

Big Muddy, and don't forget, Canada is rated #2 for oil reserves in the world behind Saudia Arabia! Hey, Ever been to the PETER POND motel?

Murgen was wondering where you got the info on canada`s rating for oil reserves? I have read that there is more oil in the tar sands alone than in the whole of sadia arabia.I believe i read this on the eub site.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I find it funny you guys are so worried about Iraq you get over 4 times as much crude oil and petroleum products for Canada as you do from them. There is not one single country in OPEC that supplied you with as much as Canada did in 2003.

BMr - they obviously don't have to worry about their "friends".

You oughta know that by now.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Murgen said:
Big Muddy, and don't forget, Canada is rated #2 for oil reserves in the world behind Saudia Arabia! Hey, Ever been to the PETER POND motel?

No I can't say thay I have ever been to the Peter Pond Motel.

Wondering by the name if this could be one of those "Pay by the hour" motels? Sounds like a real nice place! :D

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

BMr - they obviously don't have to worry about their "friends".

You oughta know that by now.
I'm sorry you feel that way M. L.A. Over the years I have had many friends from Canada and I feel for them as I do for any friend.Believe it or not our interest in Iraq is not just oil!

Call me old fashion but I still believe the old saying, "To the victor go the spoils" Now Iraq was soundly defected in the field. We need to be shipping as much oil as we can back to the US as we can. Sure, pay them a fair price for the oil but don't try to rebuild Iraq on the back of the US citizens by running the gas price up. If anything, the gas price should go down. Iraq still gets plenty of money to rebuild and the US gets to cover the cost of the war with cheap oil.
I told some friends of mine when they left to fight the war. "The first thing I want y'all to do after you whip their butts is to start building a pipeline back this way."
BTW this morning the cheapest I saw gas was $2.03 and off road diesel the other day was $1.85

Hi folks! I realize it is only their opinion and there weren't a lot of details given, but I wanted to share with you something I heard on the radio this morning. I was listening to a radio interview of a Morgan Stanley manager, and the discussion finally made its way to the energy sector. The Morgan Stanley manager did not say that they expect oil prices to average $55 or $65 or $75 per barrel of crude for the balance of 2005. Rather, they expect oil to average $35!!!!!!!!!!! for the rest of the year. Perhaps they know some things the rest of us don't. What we do know is that there are a lot of people who are unhappy with "W" right now because of high fuel prices. It will be interesting to find out if he has more influence with respect to oil prices than he had in the Terri Schiavo situation.

Does anyone have a direct quote from anyone in the GWB camp stating the war in Iraq is about oil? It is about terrorists! Hope we don't have to go through another disaster in this country before we will get more serious about the realities of terrorism in the world today.

Aren't they also promoting bio-diesel, ethanol, and other alternative fuels, as well as pumping out of a postage stamp size portion of ANWR?

How many or you are using distillers grain products as cattle feed? How do you like it? We use it and are very satisfied with it.

Sure seems to make sense to use waste fats and oils, from fast food places, as well as new uses for soy and other oils in that bio-diesel fuel. Take a waste problem and turn it into an asset......what a concept!

MRJ

The farm manager put in a corn furnace last fall and he said this last week that he has saved 840gals of Fuel Oil at a $1.32 this winter so far .The price of his corn used has been $183.00 so far this winter to heat his house and shop.My advice,use corn and forget the other enegry sources .Put them ARABS out to pasture.

Latest posts