• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

gcreek ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Haven't made connection yet. It is about 8 hours one way and neither of us had had an agreeable day to meet in the middle. I believe the seller wants to come here so might just wait him out. :wink:

We're still penning the sheep overnight and haven't lost any more. A grizzly came through the pasture about 11:00 this morning, I was gone cutting hay and Debbie didn't see it but the BC's let her know something was there and she found the tracks. Not more that 200 yards from the house in the spruce patch. That one may get a little too brazen for his health.

Good idea about the collar, how long are the spikes?

We had my BIL's Anatolian Shepard here while he was away for a few days. Had her tied for first 3 nights as we thought she might head home. Coyotes were yipping in the front yard teasing her. Last 2 nights we let her run and I haven't heard a coyote in over a week. They seem to have lost interest in our place and she isn't here any more.

wwnt to a program a couple put on about gaurd dogs they saw in Turkey, Spain and a few other countries, the collars were mostly made by the village blacksmith. with simple one of nails pushed up thru leather and then the leather, the the leather rolled or another strip rivited oner the nail heads. there was double spikes on a strip of metal with both ends turned up the mittle was rivited to the leather collar. some were really simple others kind of fancy.

Latest posts