• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

getting wrote bad checks questions

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thanks, guys! I just got a call from the owner of the sale barn and a lady went to their bank today and got my good money and will hand deliver it to me tomorrow still as planned.....so just one more night. Still hoping it happens and hoping no hang-ups on it! If not I'll add looking into a lien to the list.....Thanks leanin' H!

The world's smallest ranch don't need any of this.....lol. I'm already having to deal with making it work on running less cows than the average petting zoo.....lol

R A said:
Thanks, guys! I just got a call from the owner of the sale barn and a lady went to their bank today and got my good money and will hand deliver it to me tomorrow still as planned.....so just one more night. Still hoping it happens and hoping no hang-ups on it! If not I'll add looking into a lien to the list.....Thanks leanin' H!

The world's smallest ranch don't need any of this.....lol. I'm already having to deal with making it work on running less cows than the average petting zoo.....lol

you're right, ranch size doesn't matter....a dollar is a dollar. i bet you'll sleep better tomorrow night :D

R A said:

We are all pullin' for ya. :D

I think I might have gone and met the lady at the bank or sale barn and picked up the check today and get it to my bank. :?

R A said:

Sounds like the owner of the sale barn is trying to make things right.
As for a lein, if you have to do that, there are probably others way
ahead of you...so hopefully it will never come to that. Be sure to
let us know how it goes, as was already said, "We're rootin' for you!"

It works both ways , I had a big rank yellow Skipper w bred horse . He was pretty dangerous to be around . I sent him to a bucking horse sale in western ND. THat horse broke his leg bucking in the sale . The owner of the sale barn paid me for that horse & he didnt have toooo .I never met the man before in my life . So the are some good ones out there as well.

lefty said:
It works both ways , I had a big rank yellow Skipper w bred horse . He was pretty dangerous to be around . I sent him to a bucking horse sale in western ND. THat horse broke his leg bucking in the sale . The owner of the sale barn paid me for that horse & he didnt have toooo .I never met the man before in my life . So the are some good ones out there as well.

Great point Lefty! There are lots of good people in the world too!

R A said:

Maybe a bunch of extra reasons to be thankful on Thursday? :D Good for you bud! And your ranch is in 2nd place on the list of tiny outfits. I'm so far ahead of you, if i keep'a goin' i'm gonna lap you! :lol:

leanin' H said:
R A said:

Maybe a bunch of extra reasons to be thankful on Thursday? :D Good for you bud! And your ranch is in 2nd place on the list of tiny outfits. I'm so far ahead of you, if i keep'a goin' i'm gonna lap you! :lol:

As Per told me once, "As long as you are running with the leaders, it doesn't matter which lap you are on." :wink:

Thanks, Justin, hayguy, Big Muddy rancher, Faster horses, lefty, leanin' H and gcreekrch for all your recent posts here of kind words, words of hope there are good people still out there and such!!!!!!!!!

I'm on here a little premature for what I'm about to say, but I'm glad I got on....lol. :D I was laughing pretty good there at these posts.....lol. :D Thanks! :D

I hope I have to get on here later and eat crow, but I got lied to. No phone call this morning.....I called, maybe here at noon they can bring it....I can't come get it?????? I admit, I put faith in them after what has all been said on the phone. Like I said, I hope I'm in the wrong here.

They are in so much deep water that a lot is written public knowledge and easy to find. I am very well aware of all that is going on with them now and it is very, very, bad.

Thanks to all on here, I do feel better about having options to go with.

It's a sad deal for a lot of people.

Thanks to all again! It's over. I got my money. I'm not eating crow though....lol......because today went nothing like planned, but I went and got CASH. I feel very lucky and don't know what happened today to end up this way...long story. I'm back on track with what I have planned for this year! YES! Very happy!

I don't know leanin' H. :D I made a hard decision to get rid of my two brahma cows I had left and I have culled 3 black cows so far and will at least one more in the next trip....it's looking pretty sad out there. I may be rounding the curve to lap you on being the world's smallest ranch :D Heck, I may not be able to afford to replace them???? I am keeping 4 replacement heifers, but may have to inbreed....I mean linebreed :D them to save money buying another bull :D

The thing about these things, you can generally make a way to survive if you get laid out to do dry but what it does to you phsycholigicaly can be tough.

hayguy said:
glad it turned out well for you, even though the stress level was higher than it needed to be.

lessons learned?

Thanks! AH MAN....even waiting at the truck stop he said he wanted to meet at was terribly stressful. He ran late, not real late, but late enough that every minute that went by, I got more nervous....lol. I had all kinds of things running through my head....is he coming? ...will he have all of it?.... is 6 pick-up loads of guys with no necks going to show up and beat me to death....lol. :D Yes!...lesson learned!

Larrry said:
The thing about these things, you can generally make a way to survive if you get laid out to do dry but what it does to you phsycholigicaly can be tough.

You bet! It could of been worse. I could of had everything ready to go and had taken it there......I was worried enough the way it was and can't even imagine having to think about if everything had been there. I have no savings and had 3 dollars in the ranch account......lol. I just always thought sale barn money was the only sure thing I could count on in this business and am nowhere near prepared for it to not be.

I just dropped a check from another sale barn off at the bank for my whopping three head of steers and a weigh cow. I hope it clears...lol....it will. :D

They ran my steers in together with one being bigger than the other two and one being red, but they still brought $154.00 and at the end of the sale. 600 to 700 hundred pound calves brought 138.00 to 157.50 that day at that barn, which mine fell into. I don't know if that is good or not, but I'm happy with that! .....can't wait to have bigger loads going at one time!

One more trip to town then it's looking forward to next calving season!!! Sometimes I wish I wasn't so addicted to feeding and everything that goes with taking care of cows so I could just get out!....but I do love it!!!

Latest posts