• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ghost Bird

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dylan Biggs

Reaction score
Got this shot of a male Snowy Owl on top of a power pole yesterday.
PIC_1501.JPG

pretty neat lookin bird,I have an ole owl helpin me out around here,seems like he has discovered the feral pigeons that are roostin in my equipment shed,crappin all over ever thing,has em thinned out pretty good.
js

HAY MAKER said:
pretty neat lookin bird,I have an ole owl helpin me out around here,seems like he has discovered the feral pigeons that are roostin in my equipment shed,crappin all over ever thing,has em thinned out pretty good.
js

Yeah we had a Great Horned owl thinning out our laying hens this summer. :)

Cool pic. We get worried when we see them down here because it gets down into the single or below zero temps.

When I was in Alberta, I had a young Snowy sitting in my pasture that must have hit the power lines. Poor thing was being attacked by other birds while he was on the ground. I gathered him up and took him to a wildlife sanctuary that wasn't far away. I'm sure he survived and they released him. They didn't phone me to say he didn't make it like I asked them to.

My cousin saw one once and thought it was some sort of albino. I had to tell him it was just a snowy owl. :lol:

Jigger Boss said:
When I was in Alberta, I had a young Snowy sitting in my pasture that must have hit the power lines. Poor thing was being attacked by other birds while he was on the ground. I gathered him up and took him to a wildlife sanctuary that wasn't far away. I'm sure he survived and they released him. They didn't phone me to say he didn't make it like I asked them to.
Kind of a "shocking" story. Power Lines cause the demise of many a large bird.

Latest posts