• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Girls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
The girls had a tournement saturday they lost every game but had lot's of fun.One thing I noticed that the only poor sport's were the Male coaches on the last team we played his team won and he was a jerk...
100_0337.jpg

This is my daughter Lacy she tell's everyone she has me wrapped around her finger which she does....She plays Tennis in the spring and fall and is a pretty good hand on a horse or a hay rakeing tractor....

Our daughter Lacey still has her dad wrapped around her finger and shes 22!You look to have a nice family that your involved in.

Basketball060.jpg

Here's my oldest #6 on the weekend-she plays on a team with some very good athletes so doesn't get alot of court time but makes the best of it when she does-as for male coaches being jerks-there's a couple ladies up here coaching are jerkesses lol. Highschool BBall big committment-1-2 hours practice a day tournament every weekend-she's keeping her marks up over 90 too-obviously takes after her Mom lol. Her team captain is headed state side on an athletic scholarship she's just sorting through schools-wrote her SAT's this weekend-she's a great girl-incredible athlete-top student-nice kid-she is a female Steve Nash on the Bball court.

What a great way to show poor sportsmenship. I am sure everyone noticed and knew who the real winners were :D
Daddies never get untied from their daughers fingers LOL

Our daughter played Volleyball,basketball,on the 4-h judging team and had 2-3 4-h projects every year! Our son played Volleyball,basket ball and hockey! Both are grown-ups now and we miss that sooo much, now we sit around wondering how soon can our 11 month old granson start hockey?? Enjoy it guys it goes by FAST!!!!

Your kids make friendships in sports that last a lifetime-it's fun to put the hockey equipment and start hitting rodeos seeing all our friends from the summer before. As a long time coach be careful when you criticize unless your prepared to pick up the whistle and give up your free time-some coaches are good-some are better-but they are all volounteers-good athletes will learn from the worst ones. Atletics prepares your for life you learn all about how to win and how to lose-you better learn how to do both with some class.

As a long time coach be careful when you criticize unless your prepared to pick up the whistle and give up your free time-some coaches are good-some are better-but they are all volounteers
Very good advice.

I was told a long time ago dont point out a problem unless you can help with the solution. I have always been there helping in all things my kids do.

The good ones can learn from the worst... having a great coach is so motivating though. I can still remember the comments that my basketball coach gave me even when i was sitting out for five minutes in the fourth quarter so that i could play the last two minutes without being fouled out, he was amazing! I love basketball but hate running... think about that ---usually doesn't go hand in hand but with the coach we had basketball is the best sport in the world. Its the only contact sport for girls!

My coach had no kids in our school and was incredibly dedicated! He was a policeman in town and I will always remember when he had to miss about five minutes of our game and showed up in his uniform. The ref asked him to step off the court and my coach just looked at him and said would u like me to shoot you.

It takes so much time to coach any sport-- especially competitive teams with having to be so dedicated but with the right coach some people can actually realize their potential!! For all those that coach any team thank you!

Been a part of the agro hockey team for awhile... thing is skating isn't quite like running! We were doin good then we moved up a division so now we are in the top league and our legs just aren't! I guess thats what a few years of university does to girls! lol Still mad I never played all through high school!

Our league has changed over the past few years. The girls that come into school now have had their own leagues in small towns for quite some time now! Those first years are awfully quick!

We have a local giel playing on the Huskies ladies team-her sister is playing on the Sask. Prairie Ice woman's team-little bro for the Lethbridge Hurricanes and big bro in the AHL-quite a hockey family-really great people not a bit of ego among them. Well you can't expect much from an Agro now can you-only Voc.Ag. girls have stamina lol.

Sure sure NR! When I came to school there was hardly any voc ag girls left the ones that were here were trying to become vets.... alot of the ones I hung out with didn't quite make the marks. Guess the Long branch might do that to an average! Now they don't even have the voc ags, the college has sure changed the last couple years and they want to change our name to college of agriculture and renewable resources so that they get more city people in the college not sure why they would want that. Just a bunch of BS I think!

Latest posts