• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Glaxo to collaborate on mad cow drug

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SASH

Reaction score
About 150 people have been affected since vCJD was first detected in the mid-1990s.

150 people out of a population of 5,000,000,000. Wouldn't they be better to put that money into something useful like cancer research that kills millions of people every year?

SASH said:
About 150 people have been affected since vCJD was first detected in the mid-1990s.

150 people out of a population of 5,000,000,000. Wouldn't they be better to put that money into something useful like cancer research that kills millions of people every year?

And further to that question, at what rate are people continuing to become infected? Yes, it seems a little out of proportion.

reader (the Second) said:
However, we simply do not know enough to ignore these diseases.

That much I agree with. Are we all overreacting to whole issue? Probably. How much are we overreacting? Who knows.
I guess this is where OT needs to get up on his stump and sing his little song about "lable and let the consumer decide" :lol:

:) I don't know if I am really against anything said here except that I don't understand that when I type ass it comes up as not nice. When reader types ass it comes up a**. Where you always a teachers pet reader.

You know guys, I like the wording of this thing.

"The scientists hope to find a compound that can enter the brain and bind to the normal prion to prevent it from changing its shape into the rogue version."

Our metal contamination theory states that metals cause the misfolding of a normal prion and change it's shape into the rouge version. Could this be the beginning of a more conventional group of scientists trying to find the compound that works, and in so doing, find the ones that don't.

Thanks for this reader - smooch smooch

Reader, please don't put words in my mouth. I never made the statement that you are quoting above:

Kathy can deny that the BSE epidemic has been declining steadily since the total feed ban in the UK

Many things happened at the same time as the total feed ban, and that includes things leading up to it. Lets talk about the 40,000 cases of BSE in cattle born after the first ruminant to ruminant feed ban in 1988.

How about the ban of cattle growth hormones in 1986. This would make animals 5 - 6 years old in 1992, the year of the total ban in feed. Don't forget the Foot and Mouth outbreak destroyed hundreds of thousands of cattle (2001?), none of them were tested for BSE (any evidence of more cases went up in smoke with their carcasses, burned on good old Canadian railroad ties, they just happened to have stored at the docks, for just this purpose).

I find it amusing when people misquote myself, and the work of Mark Purdey. It shows they have nothing better to throw at us. His hypothesis does includes the feeding of chicken manure, tallow and other products that contained metals and/or organophosphates (in the fats). This misrepresentation of what I think/believe, proves you have never considered All of the background information that Mark writes about on his web pages: www.markpurdey.com or www.purdeyenvironment.com

It is a common arguement made by those who don't want to bother reading everything he has written. But, I have read alot. And, I read it over again, and more stuff makes even more sense after some time has gone by and I have learned more elsewhere.

Chow!

Latest posts