• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

glebvieh bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

elwapo

Reaction score
IMG_2407.JPG

Hanta here is a picture of the Jagermeister bull calf I told you about.

elwapo:

Nice looking bulls you have, both this cat and the hybrid....

Are you showing this guy??? I have never seen leg hair like that on a Gelbvieh!!! Are you sure he doesn't have some Maine or Shorty in him??? (Kidding of course) A couple of my favorite youth kids show Gelbvieh cattle (their folks have some great herds of Reg. Gelbvieh) and they would love to get hair like that!!!

If you want to know how the Gelbvieh did in Denver check out the NWSS website:

www.nationalwestern.com

Then choose stockshow, then event results (near the top of the page.) They have all of the livestock show results as well as the results of the sale. If they aren't posted right away, check in a day or so...

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Thanks TTB. We do not as a rule go to any shows. We did take this bull to the local pen show in December. I agree on the hair coat. I am absolutley fanatical about hair on my cattle. Both of these bulls will sell at our sale this spring, but I will be keeping a semen interest on this one.

very nice bulls - do you have any blacks for sale?

nd. Our bull sale catalogue will be up on our web site in a couple of weeks. We have pictures of 90% of the bulls including all the blacks.

thanks, I'll watch for it. good luck on your sale-if they all look that good I'm sure you'll have a great one!!

great looking bulls.i have a black gelbvieh bull and he is a doing great. i like him so much i bought several reg. gelbvieh heifers and started using AI on them. got some landmark ,carolina fortune, and beretta stuff.

Thanks for the comments 3words and kevin. It is interesting how many people in the breed started by purchasing a bull to use as a terminal cross and have never looked back. We started in the 80,s. I went to ag college and took a interest in the bull test station. When I returned home I talked my grandfather into purchasing a fullblood gelbvieh bull to use on his hereford/ angus cows. We were so happy I followed the same path as you Kevin and bought some purebred cows. Best thing I ever did!!

Elwapo,
nice looking bulls you have there. We basically got started the same way, bought the bulls to use on commercial cows and liked them so much that I had to go and buy some reg. cows to raise our own bulls. One thing leads to another and then we started AI all of the cows for the GV association. We dropped the Char terminal sires cause they never did as well as the AN x GV steers in the feedlot or on the rail and the bonus was the females that we got to keep. When Jeanne Reyher came out here last fall she could not believe what she was seeing for a commercial cowherd. She also could not believe that all of the cows came running to see what we were doing and I could get out of the truck and walk up and scratch cows like that

Any data on how these would cross with my Charolis??? I'm trying to keep selling to the 4H kids and what doesn't sell to them sure does well in the feed lot.

We have a couple of customers that are using red gelbvieh on their char cows in order to get the buckskin colour and avoid the current discount on solid white cattle at the auction market. The cross also ads some maternal traits that are so important.I am assuming they are happy with the cross as they are repeat customers.

Latest posts