• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goat Man

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MsSage

Reaction score
Have yall heard about this?

Goat man' spotted in Utah mountains

Published July 20, 2012

Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY – Utah wildlife officials want to talk to a man spotted in the mountains wearing a goat suit amid a herd of real wild goats.

Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources says the person is doing nothing illegal, but he worries the so-called "goat man" is unaware of the dangers.

Sixty permits will be issued for goat hunting season in September in the same area in the mountains above Ogden, north of Salt Lake City. Douglass also says the goats could be dangerous.

A man hiking along Ben Lomond peak in the Wasatch range spotted the goat man on Sunday. Douglass says the hiker took blurry photographs and it was clear they weren't altered.

He says the man may just be a wildlife enthusiast.

I remember reading a story a couple of years ago about a mountain climber who was found at the bottom of a cliff. Dead. The last picture in his camera was of a Rocky Mountain Sheep... ram.... close up.

Guess why he fell off the mountain. :roll:

And then there was that guy who was studying grizzly bears a couple of years ago. He lived with them and studied them up close too. They found his camera had a video tape in it that had the sounds of him and his girlfriend being mauled to death.

I wonder how much these people actually knew about real live animals? Or did everything they knew come from a book? One time we watched a guy on the side of the road in Banff pestering a bull elk for a picture. He was about 10 feet from it, and it was shaking it's head at him. He had NO idea he was being warned. We had to tell him.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And then when we were camping there was that guy at the dump who jumped the chain link fence to get a better picture of the bears...

It goes on and on...

HAY MAKER said:
katrina said:
H..... Little buddy, you need to get some counsel on your goat addiction.. You've gone to the dark side now.... :p :p :wink:

:D :D
good luck

Oh, for the love of.................................... I saw this article and sure thought somebody had slipped a few gears. I can't believe MsSage was kind enough to find it and bring it to ya'll attention. :lol: For the record, i've had my hands full putting out fires, fencing and hauling hay and haven't had time to dress up like a goat and roam the hills. But if i get some time, i might have to look into it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now we know why Justin has been quiet around here lately! :nod: Can't beleive he was withing 10 miles of me and didnt stop by! :D

Who would of thought that mountain goat & sasquatch hunting would be so similar..... after you put one down you have to check for a zipper to see whose inside. :shock: :lol:

Sounds like H has an alibi.

Latest posts