• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

God's perfect gift in a perfect timing...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Happy Monday! Something very interesting happened on Friday, and I think God planned the whole day in a very special way.

We all have someone special in our lives, they are parents, friends, relatives, neighbors, or a teacher.

For me, I have been fortunate enough to have had both very special teachers in my life who shaped the way I learn new things today; however, I also had some that weren't so lovely, but thanks to them, I learned a lot about my own character. I am lucky enough to have a mother who is a teacher.

She is currently in her second year as a special education teacher.

She was nominated as the teacher of the year for the city in December, and she was invited to attend a dinner on Friday. She came home very sad and overwhelmed about something that happened at school. My mother never thought for a second that she was going to actually be selected as the teacher of the year for the city, so she was very surprised when she was call forward to be acknowledge and receive the award.

I think it was one of those little precious things that God has been working on for quite awhile to say "Thank You" for all the effort she puts in her job and towards the success of her students. When she arrived home, the spark in her eyes was "there" and it was like a shot of new energy.

Today I want to "Thank" everyone who is a teacher because like her, there are many other wonderful teachers who are truly working hard to help our future generations get a solid educational foundation.

Sometimes we receive a gift in the form of the most surprising, unexpected affirmations! Sounds like this is one of them!

burnt said:
Sometimes we receive a gift in the form of the most surprising, unexpected affirmations! Sounds like this is one of them!

I think it is true, God always knows the perfect timing for things... I have had the opportunity to tutor some of her students, and I see the potential in them. We just need to do more for our children with special needs.

sweetbasil said:
burnt said:

I think it is true, God always knows the perfect timing for things... I have had the opportunity to tutor some of her students, and I see the potential in them. We just need to do more for our children with special needs.

Perhaps we do, but we also need to do more for our gifted children,
those that excel. For some reason, more resources are directed to the
children with special needs and very little, if any, to the gifted ones.

Faster horses said:
sweetbasil said:
burnt said:

Perhaps we do, but we also need to do more for our gifted children,
those that excel. For some reason, more resources are directed to the
children with special needs and very little, if any, to the gifted ones.

Hi FH,
You make a good point, we sure need to do more for our gifted kids as well. But it is like everything, the very poor gets the services and benefits, and the very rich get to pay their taxes whenever, but we don't do much for the those in the middle that are keeping the foundation of our country strong.

Latest posts