• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goldncut Guards vs other brands

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
http://www.goldncut.com/cutting-systems/products/188/Gold%20Guards

Have any of you used these? We need new guards on our swather. The whole kit runs about $1800, or $18 for 30 guards
and then there are some other guards that we would need to buy. The kit includes guards and sections. Seems like we
used to hear these were better, but haven't heard much about them lately.

FH, I have no opinion on which brand might be better, but think what is located on one's area, as well as service, if needed, is an important consideration. Maybe that is a given, but hadn't been mentioned. I do know sometimes what looks like a great buy a long way from home turns out not so great, if service isn't available within reasonable distance, and the machine or equipment turns out to have problems. Maybe not likely in the situation you presented, but worth remembering, in general.

mrj

mrj said:
FH, I have no opinion on which brand might be better, but think what is located on one's area, as well as service, if needed, is an important consideration. Maybe that is a given, but hadn't been mentioned. I do know sometimes what looks like a great buy a long way from home turns out not so great, if service isn't available within reasonable distance, and the machine or equipment turns out to have problems. Maybe not likely in the situation you presented, but worth remembering, in general.

mrj

Good point, mrj. And service is always considered when you live in a remote area as we do. Plus the fact that I worked selling
advertising for local newspapers for 30 years....so I know what the local merchants face trying to stay in business in small towns.
We have an excellent Vermeer dealer here and you will see a lot of Vermeer Equipment in this area. We are fortunate to have
that business locally.

Latest posts