• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Angus storm video about Hugh and Eleanor Engalls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thanks for posting this video about the storm.
I.n so grateful we had ethe sense to get our cattle home, before it started.
I guess that one thing about getting older. I remember March of 1966 and
try not to take the risk anymore.

He's got a big heart, worrying about the young people in ranching and how that storm will affect them in the future. As for himself, he kinda nailed it when he said, "another chapter in the book." :?

Isn't he the Angus breeder who used to sing on the radio to let everyone know when he was having a production sale?

Faster horses said:
He's got a big heart, worrying about the young people in ranching and how that storm will affect them in the future. As for himself, he kinda nailed it when he said, "another chapter in the book." :?

Isn't he the Angus breeder who used to sing on the radio to let everyone know when he was having a production sale?

Yes, he is the one. :wink: Peach and I went on the South Dakota Angus Tour a few years ago. It was a two-day event, and we stayed three nights in a Faith, South Dakota motel. There were two or three busses that carried the people to different ranches, besides several automobiles. Engalls' Centennial Angus Ranch was one of the stops on the tour, and we ate a very good lunch at their place. I was impressed with all of the cattle on the tour, and was really sold on the Engalls' family cattle. They are good doing cows that get treated well, but sure aren't babied. Hugh and his wife, Eleanor, are very nice people and were gracious hosts of the tour.

Ingalls

I know some of the next couple generations as well as having a casual acquaintance with Hugh. The character comes thru.

The Ingalls are two of the finest people you will meet. I've heard of them dropping heifers off at a young couple who needed some help. Maybe it's happened more than once. This would be a wonderful video for city folks to see so they get an appreciation for the connection most of us have towards the land and our stock

That was a fine video that shows the effort and care most ranchers like the Ingalls put into to their operation. This lifestyle is about so much more than simply money. I'd sure like turn out like those folks when I finally decide to grow up someday! :wink:

Latest posts