• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good calf prices may lead to new organization

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jason

Reaction score
This year calf prices are pretty decent even North of the 49th. Many guys I have talked with aren't feeding calves this winter. This means less buyers are bidding on the calves, yet the prices stay high.

How can this be? Less buyers and higher prices?

Maybe we should sue those guys that are not feeding calves this year, I mean obviously they have taken themselves out of the market to manipulate calf prices. If they were sitting there buying they would have to pay more than the guys that are buying.

Then what about guys that usually feed their own calves but are selling them? They are adding supply to the market and obviously lowering prices everyone else receives.

We better start raising money for a new org called Farmers Ranchers Industry Corporate Keeping Investment Neutral Standing Totally Untouched Per Industry Distrust . This new org would be responsible for seeing that all who feed cattle keep buying more to feed. That those who feed their own cattle will keep feeding them no matter what price they are offered. They will make sure everyone gets the exact same price from packers for any cattle they they ever deliver any time, and they will monitor supermarkets and make sure consumers never change their buying preferences. If they bought a roast last Friday by gawd they will buy another one this Friday.

Anyone with ideas for a name for this new group should submit it with $500 and a detailed list of who they know that has ever bought cattle in their area.

Another Beef Industry Breaking news story.

Keeping Your Head Up Your Ass REALLY Works.

Canadian Cattle Industry Leadership led by Jason from Southern Alberta says. "IT WORKED. All we had to do is keep our heads stuck up our asses and the industry miraculously turned around. It worked out great to sit back and watch the mutinational packers profit excessively thoughout the BSE Crisis." "As an added bonus", Jason ads, "giving them millions of taxpayers money also helped. Just look at these calf prices! Ranchers in Alberta, and seemingly all across North America are going out and buying Motorhomes by the thousands. More trips are booked with our CCA "Holidays to Paradise" program than any other travel agency including the one in Ft. McMurray." "Sometimes" Jason says, it works to lay low. Obviously following the demands of the USDA (which blamers say is directed by mutinational packers) has been good for the whole industry. The thinking here in Canada is that if we keep our heads up our asses for two more years, the cattlemen of Canada may be able to buy out Esso Petroleum." "What a great opportunity," Jason says, "one we could never see before since we hadn't bent over that far in our lives. The future may look a not look that bright from down here, but if it works, why fight it."

Jason says, "one we could never see before since we hadn't bent over that far in our lives. The future may look a not look that bright from down here, but if it works, why fight it."

I like it,
I love it,
I want some more........
Of it

Latest posts