• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good day to feed bad hay

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Waitingladies.jpg

Ladies in waiting
FeedoutfitAgcoAllis8630andDW.jpg

Feed outfit. Agco Allis 8630 and D&W Bale hauler
Theoldcottonwoodtrees.jpg

The old cottonwood trees
Stormyday.jpg

Stormy day
Haytherecows.jpg

Hay there, cows
Haythere.jpg

Hay, you
Swamphaycowsandcoldweather.jpg

Swamp hay, cows and cold weather
DWBaleRetreiver.jpg

D&W Bale Hauler/Retreiver
WalktheLinejustwishwewereinPheonix.jpg

Walk the Line, just wish we were in Pheonix and could eat with a Witherspoon

a chill just went through me as i sit here in my nice warm house....just simply looking at those pictures has me reaching for a sweater!!! :eek: Doggone cold out there....the thermometer here says 10 above with a nice brisk "breeze" steady at about 20!! The dad called from northwest North Dakota and it was still 5 below there and the wind was howling!! Hope you are warming up, soapweed and enjoying a nice, hot cup of coffee!!! :D

Nice to see some snow cover on the ground! The snow is a needed blessing, however it sure doesn't have to be this cold to snow. Heard tomorrow the hight is supposed to be 1! 8)

I don't remember that fancy tractor during haying season :wink:

Must keep in inside for these pleasant winter days.

Jason said:
I don't remember that fancy tractor during haying season :wink:

Must keep in inside for these pleasant winter days.

It's a 1992 model, and the heater should work but doesn't. :wink: The heater has given trouble ever since I bought the tractor in 1994. Most of the time, the air-conditioner functions properly, and that is usually more important. Have kind of gotten spoiled this winter using the Dodge pickup with the Hydra-bed. It is pretty slick being able to cake and feed hay all in the same trip.

Soapweed you got that cow feeding down to a fine art,looks like ole man winter finally made it,but at least you got moisture,that's more than I can say................good luck
PS Thanks for taking the time to take pictures for us here at ranchers,always interesting to see you working cattle.

Soapweed, does that D-A tractor have an air-cooled Deutz engine? Just how is the heater supposed to work? Is it electrical, or somehow extracts heat from the engine oil or exhaust? How do you like the tractor otherwise, especially winter starting?

I plugged in my MF 2775 tonight in case I want to feed some hay tomorrow. It starts good but takes a lot to warm up that big Perkins V8! Temp just went subzero as I type this it is -0.2 degrees.

John SD said:
Soapweed, does that D-A tractor have an air-cooled Deutz engine? Just how is the heater supposed to work? Is it electrical, or somehow extracts heat from the engine oil or exhaust? How do you like the tractor otherwise, especially winter starting?

I plugged in my MF 2775 tonight in case I want to feed some hay tomorrow. It starts good but takes a lot to warm up that big Perkins V8! Temp just went subzero as I type this it is -0.2 degrees.

Yes, it has the air-cooled engine. The tractor was made in Treviglio, Italy. The heater has never been very satisfactory, but maybe over in Italy it's warm enough it doesn't matter. :wink: The thermometer here reads 2 degrees above zero at this moment.

Their talking -20 to -25 below without the wind chill with it will be near -50 below.I fed in the woods today on the down hill side of a real brushy area the wind does'nt blow thru so it's perfect for this kind of weather.Heifer's are 1/2 done calveing but the next few night's I bet my basement will be a nursery.I moved some stuff around in the shop so the tractor and 4-wheeler fit in so they will start when needed.

Were going thru firewood at a pretty good clip the outdoor stove is going as is the fireplace but it's 80 degree's in the house nice when your froze.

Denny Do you know the guys who are taking over the south sale barn in Watertown Sd. They own the barns in Motley and Bagley also.

mn said:
Denny Do you know the guys who are taking over the south sale barn in Watertown Sd. They own the barns in Motley and Bagley also.

Yes I do his name is Joe Varner he owns 6 or 7 barn's in mn and I have heard that many or more in the Dakota's.He say's he's money ahead to buy these barn's even if he closes them get's rid of competition which is'nt a good thing.

Soapweed-thanks for the pictures-the calves really look good! Hope all is going good with the heifers calving-know the weather is not on our side right now,but is to warm up gradually into next week. To you your family, and crew HAVE A GOOD DAY :) :!:

-8 and 15 inches of snow on the ground. Don't have heat in the calving shed so sleding them to the house to get them dried off. Hope no one needs to take a bath when they get up. :wink:

Good luck everyone, hope you keep yourselves and calves warm today. Makes us look like the bannana belt at 8 degrees, no snow to speak of. Great pictures as usual Soapweed :)

Latest posts