• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Division 1 hockey and Good Ag College

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Gomez

Reaction score
What are the opinions on the best combination of Ag College and NCAA Division one hockey program? How about Div 3 hockey? I hope this doesn't start something.....be kind to each other.
Thank you

There's not a lot of what I would call Ag. schools that play D1 hockey. But if I were to start searching I would probably start with Nebraska-Omaha, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Ohio State.

D1 Hockey is mostly played in the upper midwest and out east. I really have no idea about D3, I know it is popular in Minnesota and Wisconsin but I'm not sure about the rest of the country.

If you don't mind my asking; why do you ask?

North Dakota I think would be a pretty safe bet-has the prospect played Junior A or WHL if he has nothing wrong with using there scholarship deal to attend the good old U of S. Do they ever play our top university teams against top U'S college teams? A friend of mine is just starting ewith the Acadia Axemen a bit of a culture change from Meadow Lake, Sask. As for North Dakota if you aren't on a full ride-which isn't all free by the way-I don't think they charge Canadians out of state tuition. I can check that out Ty's QB from highschool is on a football deal down there.

Number 2 son is in grade twelve and playing Jr A at Notre Dame in Wilcox, Sask. and he wants to explore a Div 1 scholorship. I was just wondering where to start looking for ag colleges with hockey programs. We will send out packages to the specific colleges to see if there is any interest. He has had some inquiries from USA colleges, Bowling Green and Bemiji. He is interested in ag or business programs, but continuing to play hockey after Junior or a couple years in Jr is probably his first priority. CIS may be an option too, but life experiences south have some appeal as well.

North Dakota does not have an ag program, NDSU has one but not a hockey team. U of Minn & Michigan State are two schools that come to mind quickly that have both DI hockey and good ag schools. Penn State is starting DI hockey and is a good ag school. I think New Hampshire and Maine are also ag schools with DI hockey.

Latest posts