• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Hunters

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
I gave permission for a friend and his brother and the brother's wife to hunt ( they carry my business cards with written permission on the back).

While they were in their stands a couple of "hunters" came thru the woods from a neighbors and when one of them tried to cross my electric fence and got shocked :eek: :eek: He then got a tree limb and beat the fence down at the corner so they could step over. :mad: :evil:

My friend called me on his cell phone ( I don't think he was ever seen) and I called 911. DNR and the sheriff's dept both responded :D and both men were aressted for melicious tresspass :D - - - their truck is in impound and will be sold as well as their guns. :D Proceeds will go to the drug task force :)

I suppose both the friend and I will have to appear but all entrances are posted and I really don't feel sorry for them at all :!:

Why would you feel sorry for them?I think they got exactly,what they deserved!! If they don't have anymore respect for a persons property then that,they should be charged.

YEAY!! :!:
I love it when some of these slobs get caught. Saturday morning I got a call from a guy that I know who hunts a state section that we lease. The county road goes into the corner of that section for about 100 yards so I have to allow access to it. Anyway, this guy was hunting in there with his son and they came upon a pickup and eight hunters who drove into the section on a private road of ours. He asked them what they thought they were doing and they said they had a special permit to use this private road from me. FAT Chance of that. I went driving up there but they were gone by then. So then on Sunday morning, I drove up there at daylight to see what else was going on. Had two guys on the state section being legal, thought I would drive the rest of the county road that goes through the middle of the ranch to make sure none of the other "good hunters" were doing anything wrong. Get to the end of our property and here is tracks going across a meadow from somebodies truck so I walked them out and at the end of the tracks are two blood pools and a bunch a deer hair. They had shot two deer, drove across the meadow and loaded them up and drove away, the blood was not even thickening yet so I probably missed them by 5 minutes. Man I would love to catch them, but they can see my lights coming up the road from the house so they know when they can get away with it and when they can't :mad: :mad: :mad:

George said:
I gave permission for a friend and his brother and the brother's wife to hunt ( they carry my business cards with written permission on the back).

While they were in their stands a couple of "hunters" came thru the woods from a neighbors and when one of them tried to cross my electric fence and got shocked :eek: :eek: He then got a tree limb and beat the fence down at the corner so they could step over. :mad: :evil:

My friend called me on his cell phone ( I don't think he was ever seen) and I called 911. DNR and the sheriff's dept both responded :D and both men were aressted for melicious tresspass :D - - - their truck is in impound and will be sold as well as their guns. :D Proceeds will go to the drug task force :)

I suppose both the friend and I will have to appear but all entrances are posted and I really don't feel sorry for them at all :!:

:D :D :D :D :D :D the hell with em.............good luck

Several years ago a neighbor of mine caught a group of hunters on his place that weren't supposed to be there. Well these hunters were very adamant that the land they were on was not this particular ranchers but belonged to a different neighbor. In the midst of this argument things started to get a bit heated until my neighbor reached through his pickup cab and popped the obnoxious hunter in the nose with his fist. The next day my neighbor drove to town to pay a 50 dollar fine and commented that it was the best 50 bucks he ever spent. I've known alot of people that have wanted to do this to an obnoxious hunter but I believe he is the first and only.

The hunters have hired a lawyer and are trying to get out of trouble as they did not come on the property thru marked entrances but instead walked across an ajoining property ( with out permission but not marked)and did not see my signs.

The Indiana law states that only the main entrance needs to be posted but I have all 6 entrances posted so we will see where it goes - - - probably several months or years of lawyers - - - I don't have to get one as the DNR filed the charges.

I dont know about ya'll, but here in texas a can of purple paint means the same thang as a no tresspassin sign.....go along and give a squirt here and there along the fence posts...it can't be taken down....(unless of course they wanna remove the whole post)

sw said:
I love it when some of these slobs get caught. Saturday morning I got a call from a guy that I know who hunts a state section that we lease. The county road goes into the corner of that section for about 100 yards so I have to allow access to it. Anyway, this guy was hunting in there with his son and they came upon a pickup and eight hunters who drove into the section on a private road of ours. He asked them what they thought they were doing and they said they had a special permit to use this private road from me. FAT Chance of that. I went driving up there but they were gone by then. So then on Sunday morning, I drove up there at daylight to see what else was going on. Had two guys on the state section being legal, thought I would drive the rest of the county road that goes through the middle of the ranch to make sure none of the other "good hunters" were doing anything wrong. Get to the end of our property and here is tracks going across a meadow from somebodies truck so I walked them out and at the end of the tracks are two blood pools and a bunch a deer hair. They had shot two deer, drove across the meadow and loaded them up and drove away, the blood was not even thickening yet so I probably missed them by 5 minutes. Man I would love to catch them, but they can see my lights coming up the road from the house so they know when they can get away with it and when they can't :mad: :mad: :mad:

Set a 2x4 full of nails across the road that will surely slow them down..

Denny said:
sw said:

Set a 2x4 full of nails across the road that will surely slow them down..
I always wanted to try that Denny but was afraid I'd be the one to forget.

Hey George, too bad they didn't do what one batch of hunters did when I was younger, they just thought that they would pee on the fence and found out that you can still get "ZAPPED" :lol: :lol: :p :lol: that way too.
Too bad brains weren't gas.......!

sw said:
They had shot two deer, drove across the meadow and loaded them up and drove away, the blood was not even thickening yet so I probably missed them by 5 minutes. Man I would love to catch them, but they can see my lights coming up the road from the house so they know when they can get away with it and when they can't :mad: :mad: :mad:

About thirty years ago, a rancher in this country thought he saw spotlighting hunting going on in his pasture. This was taking place down along an old road, which had once been the main highway but was no longer used by the public. He jumped in his little Ford Bronco, and headed down the road in the dark to thwart the hunters. Being mad and with other things on his mind, he momentarily forgot that cattle had been put in a nearby pasture that very morning and a gate across the old highway had been shut. Going at a high rate of speed, he whomped into and tore out the barbed wire gate, put major scratches on his Bronco, and after all that, the hunters weren't even on his land. One of the spotlighters was a kid hunting jackrabbits on his own dad's land.

I wasn't involved in the deal, but knew all of the parties who were. :wink:

Reminds me of a time when I came home from town in the car. Our grandson wasn't very old and was riding well-strapped in, in the back seat. Grandpa and our daughter, along with another person, were working cows in a pasture close to the road.

When we move cows from one certain pasture to the another, we can shut a big long gate across the county road.

Well, the gate was shut, but I didn't pay any attention, for I was looking far beyond the road over to where the sorting was going on. I was right upon the gate before I noticed it was CLOSED. I slammed on the brakes, kinda went sideways because of the gravel on the road. When I stopped, I had the wire gate up on the hood of my car.

My grandson said, "GRAMMA, YOU CRASHED THE CAR!!!"

He immediately hopped out and looked it over. He folded his arms across his chest and said, "Boy, grandpa is really gonna be mad at you" in a very insulted tone. And then he wouldn't look at me.

It was funny! Scratched the car up a bit, but nothing too bad. Mostly it was the little boy that was all bent out of shape!

I don't think being female has anything to do with it. If any one was to tell me they have not had at least a close call from a moment of distraction I will feel they are either a liar or have not driven yet.

Faster horses said:
Yeah, Jinglebob. Do you have a drivers license yet? :wink: :roll:

Nope, they took away and I went right in to get another and danged if they would give me another one! :? :shock: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a joke, George! Lighten up a wee bit! :wink: :lol:

jinglebob--have you ever been in indiana? i tell you what, having lived there, and here in the great wilds of northeast nebraska, i can relate to george's short temper with a$$hole hunters-there isn't a lot of ground to hunt out there, especially where he's located.
get this: people there don't hardly know what a gravel road is, they're all asphalt, much less know what a "minimum maintenance" road IS, much less ever been down one.
it ain't like here, or west of here. that said, from where i live, i can see trucks for a mile or so, and no one shoots on my "property" without me knowing about it-cause it's so small :wink:
i also know a manager who has to cover 24000 A every fall, looking for those lazy-a$$ hunters who try to come on to the (posted) property.
oh well, i guess it'll all be over soon.....

Latest posts