• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Mornin' All

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
Watched "Dancing With Wolves", don't know if many of you have watched this movie, we've watched it many times. This is a thought-provoking movie that shows how indians are by far "humans" than us white people.
My spouse is part Cherokee and has taught me so much about the indian side... you gotta read "Hanta Yo", it is a great book. That is why I claim the phrase, "Hanta Yo!"

One of my all time favorite movies....got my 9 year old "history buff" hooked on it, too...will definitely be watching for you plates as i roam over that way on my way to north dakota next week....if you see madison county plates (25), honk and wave and i'll get ya a cup of coffee!!! :D

Good morning! It was 40 degrees when I checked cows at 5:30, not very feburuaryish! But it is cloudy so maybe we'll get some rain.
Dances with Wolves is one of our favorite movies. I've been wondering what Hanta Yo meant so am glad you told us.
Ranchwife - have you seen your wolf again?
Have a great day :p

Well first off..I am part cherokee and part chickasaw...both on my moms side and my dad's side.........my first voyage on a tractor was shreading pasture.....hubby was watching me....I was almost thru......ya know..ya go round n round till ya git to that last small circle of grass that ya can't cut the wheels tight enuff to get..so ya end up havin to make a couple passes back n forth....well I got back to the house after gittin done..n he says "Well...I know what yer Indian name woulda been if you were in a tribe"..I said, "What would it have been?"...he said, "Many circles" LMAO

That is sooooo funny! :lol: You should have seen me swathing with a pull-behind swather on irrigated ground with dykes!! Talk about tearing up ground! NTL he still made me do it. :(

Nicky said:
Good morning! It was 40 degrees when I checked cows at 5:30, not very feburuaryish! But it is cloudy so maybe we'll get some rain.
Dances with Wolves is one of our favorite movies. I've been wondering what Hanta Yo meant so am glad you told us.
Ranchwife - have you seen your wolf again?
Have a great day :p

nicky....well, good old us government is now trying to convince us it was a wild, roving pack of coyotes....never seen coyotes leave paw prints that damned big...but, what do i know??? besides, then they'd have to reimburse for the lost cow and calf!! :mad:

kris

Latest posts