• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Mother's Day Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
In my opinionated opinion:

My friends, we live in a mixed up world with an uncommon absence of common sense. I believe that the "women's movement" of the day is striving to go the wrong way. They seek a demotion. Women are searching for meaning and fulfillment in life, while they openly shun the very thing that provides that. They see value in teaching other peoples children, while they hire a "professional" to care for their own. They seek political recognition, while they scoff at the idea of being highly respected at home. I ask you, who you respect the most, Nancy Pelosi, or your mother? Case closed. Paul encouraged Timothy to teach the younger women to be happy in building a home for their spouse and children. That is not a menial task! An unarguable fact is that a close knit, loving family is a perhaps life's greatest blessing, and that, my friend, is built around a mother. It is so important to have a personal refuge when the world dumps on us. That refuge of love and acceptance is the home. Mom, you really need to be there. The rise in crime, drug usage, and decline in general morality can be traced to the time that some women failed to see the honor and privilege of building a home for their family. The fault certainly is not the women's rights movement. Too many men failed to respect and honor their spouse, and teach their children to do the same. The problem is a failure to respect homemakers; not the wrong assumption that care giving is less honorable than provision. God established a plan for the family. Man is to be the primary provider, and woman is to be the primary caregiver. Primary does not mean exclusive, and these roles will overlap. Mom may be pitied for the hugeness of her task, but she may never be pitied for the smallness of her job. I thank God, and mom, for my family, today and everyday! The following items are not dishonorable:

• Living in a smaller home
• Using older furniture
• home cooking
• Driving used cars
• Patches on your britches

Well, now I'm meddling :gag: , so just have a good Sunday mornin' and a mighty fine Mother's Day to the ones who hold the worlds most honorable job! :tiphat:

Shortgrass,
Thank you for taking the time to acknowleged the value and contribution that a mother makes in the life of a child. Your message is wonderful and speaks for most of us!

Thanks, Shortgrass. That is spot on. I have been very blessed with a wonderful mother, two fine grandmothers, three fantastic sisters, and a wife who is terrific beyond description. Along with Peach came a marvelous mother-in-law, and in recent years I have acquired a super step-mother. All of these ladies are Godly women, and I feel so very fortunate for the influence they have had on my life. God is good. :)

sweetbasil said:
Shortgrass,
Thank you for taking the time to acknowleged the value and contribution that a mother makes in the life of a child. Your message is wonderful and speaks for most of us!

and an equally valuable contribution in the life of her spouse!

Latest posts