• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good movies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I agree with you,A Beautiful Mind is one of my all time favorites!Another favorite is "A Few Good Men". Last night we watched' Walk The Line".....also a good movie!

Faster horses said:
I haven't seen "A beautiful mind", so will make sure we see it.

A classic is "Second Hand Lions." But I think we discussed that once before here.

"Walk the Line" is very good. Jouquin Phoenix was marvelous as Johnny Cash.

This is just "Walk the Line", a 1970 movie starring Gregory Peck, instead of "I Walk the Line", which is Johnny Cash's story. Is this the Gregory Peck movie where a man gets murdered with a bale hook?

I knew the names were similiar. :???:

Both are good movies. I always like Gregory Peck. They should have made a 'Will James' movie while Gregory Peck was alive to star in it.
I think he looks like Will James. Bigger though, of course.
But what the heck, they make Chuck Norris look tall on tv and in movies and he is very short.

Now I'm confused :???: I looked at the movie our son gave us its the Johnny Cash one and it is called "Walk the Line"

Mrs.Greg said:
Now I'm confused :???: I looked at the movie our son gave us its the Johnny Cash one and it is called "Walk the Line"

Sorry, it is my mistake. The movie, "I Walk the Line" is the movie starring Gregory Peck. Plain old "Walk the Line" is the movie about Johnny Cash. Hope this clarifies the problem.

I watched the movie Philadelphia tonight and it is a very good movie. Shows every great once in a while our judicial system does see the right way to handle tedious issues. Tom Hanks gave a very good performance.

Soapweed said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Sorry, it is my mistake. The movie, "I Walk the Line" is the movie starring Gregory Peck. Plain old "Walk the Line" is the movie about Johnny Cash. Hope this clarifies the problem.
Not really a problam at all but I DO confuse easily :? :D :D

Faster horses said:
So, Soapweed, do you think Gregory Peck would have made a good Will James?

Hadn't really thought of it before, but I do believe you are right. Both are slim and trim, with sharp features, and there is definitely a resemblance. Will James was definitely one of my favorite characters, enough so that I named my first-born son after him.

One of my biggest disappointments in life was when I found out his "autobiography" LONE COWBOY, was not his true life story. He made such a convincing case, that I think it even got the best of him that he had deceived the American public into thinking it was his true story. It's probably what drove him to drinking, and caused his early death at age 42 of being a complete alcoholic. Anyway, he was and is, still my hero.

Turkey Track Bar said:
One of my favorite movies is on tonight...A Beautiful Mind...I have seen it several times and still have to give a great deal of thought of what is real and what is in "John's" mind.

Cheers--

TTB :wink:

I thought it was a good movie too, but was disappointed that it was portrayed as a true story but only very loosely followed the truth about John Nash. The real story isn't nearly as riviting.

Jeez Soapweed........I don't recall any pictures of young Joseph Ernest Nephtali Dufault Soapweed..........he musta been one tough kid to survive school with them names!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Soapweed said:
Faster horses said:
So, Soapweed, do you think Gregory Peck would have made a good Will James?

Hadn't really thought of it before, but I do believe you are right. Both are slim and trim, with sharp features, and there is definitely a resemblance. Will James was definitely one of my favorite characters, enough so that I named my first-born son after him.

One of my biggest disappointments in life was when I found out his "autobiography" LONE COWBOY, was not his true life story. He made such a convincing case, that I think it even got the best of him that he had deceived the American public into thinking it was his true story. It's probably what drove him to drinking, and caused his early death at age 42 of being a complete alcoholic. Anyway, he was and is, still my hero.

I also think the world of Will James. HE wrote some great books and had sure nuff been there

Yes, Soapweed, I remembered our conversation about Will James when we met up in Rapid City.

He is one of my very most favorites, too.

And I'm glad you thought there was some resemblance of Gregory Peck to Will James. I have always thought that. Perhaps that is partly why I always liked Gregory Peck. Might have a lot to do with Will James.

Looks pretty close

Will James
http://www.artmuseum.org/james.html

The story was that Peck's and Burt Lancaster's fight sciens im "The Big Country"(?) turned into a real fight.

Allen Lad had to stand on a box to match up with some of his Co-stars

Navada Smith is/was (book 1)/(Part 1) of the Carpetbaggers (based on Howard Hugses)(?) - As Smith rides off into the sunset he goes to work for Howards Dad (The gun saleman in the movie) and is Howards ) Opair - babysiter
Foke Lore says
Tom Mix or Randolph Scott was Navada Smith - -

Randolph Scott was very rich and owned vast holdings of land in LA
Scott's BIO was built by Howards PR News Group

Faster horses said:
I haven't seen "A beautiful mind", so will make sure we see it.

A classic is "Second Hand Lions." But I think we discussed that once before here.

"Walk the Line" is very good. Jouquin Phoenix was marvelous as Johnny Cash.

FH:

I'd wholeheartedly have to agree about Second Hand Lions...such a good movie, one of the best.

You'll have to check out A Beautiful Mind...I have found that I have to pay attention to keep up with the movie.

I haven't seen the movie about Johnnie and June Carter Cash, Walk the Line, but would like to.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

What did happen to Randolph Scott? I never heard and he was always "My Hero" as a child. I have often wondered about him and I never see anything about his life.

Kind of the same with Richard Widmark. He starred in so many movies, but you never see anything about his life. Seems like he was always there in lots of movies.

Latest posts