• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good News For All You Manly Men Out There

Help Support Ranchers.net:

pointrider

Reaction score
Howdy!

Just in case you missed it, I'm sure all you manly men out there will be glad to know that "A nice-smelling man is good to find" according to USA Today. And they go on to say, "NEW YORK - Primping isn't just for women anymore. Men are getting in on the act, thanks to hundreds of new products that make even the most MANLY MAN comfortable with gels, lotions, washes and, dare we say, cosmetics."

"As men are less defined by sex, by place, by family, by ethnicity, by job, by social class/caste, their physical self becomes more important in defining who they are says Rose Cameron, senior vice president and planning director at Leo Burnett, who recently spearheaded a behavioral study of 2,000 men. 'They have more tools at their disposal than ever before to sculpt themselves into the image of who they think they can or should be.' "

"From 2000 to 2004, the number of men's personal care products rose 285%, according to Mintel's Global New Products Database. Since then, marketers have added 194 products that range from high-end to everyday brands."

Now just in case there are still some ranchers out there who prefer to define themselves by other means and are on the lookout for good tools to use to sculpt themselves into the image of who they think they can or should be (a top notch, highly profitable ranch owner/manager) - especially those of you who are Harlan Hughes fans - you might want to use the link below to take a look at the article from the latest BEEF Magazine (online) regarding BENCHMARKING. The title is What Benchmarking can tell you --, and it was written by Harlan Hughes.

The article contains some good information and some good suggestions. You may or may not agree with his approach. Regardless of whether you agree or not, if you want a little different take on the subject of benchmarking, let me know by email. I'll be glad to discuss it with you.

Is that a dust storm I see, or is it a bunch of pickups headed for the latest Wal-Mart to get stocked up on "manly man cosmetics?" Ha! Have fun! :D

http://beef-mag.com/hughes/beef_benchmarking_tell/

Latest posts