• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Reading

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
I've had alot of time to read duiring this cancer deal and I've kind of got hooked on books about hunting in early Africa. I read a book 'lions of Tsavo' about the lions featured in the movie 'Ghosts In The Darkness' it was actually written by the British officer who killed them and several other maneaters. I just finished both books that Theodore Roosevelt wrote about his safaris in 1909/10-I think America could use another president like him. I just order books from the library but here's a good link if any one interested in buying some. Hint Hint Father's Day is coming.

https://www.safaripress.com/home.php?cat=315

Just read another book by the husband of the lady in 'Out of Africa'. It says that in the late 1800's they sold negro slaves as meat in some places. Most people couldn't afford an entire man so they'd trace the part in chalk they bought till they got the poor guy all sold then they'd do him in and deliver the parts. CRAZY STUFF!!!!!

Seems like you and I have some of the same taste in reading. I can really get into reading about African "development" and history with its accompanying colorful characters!

I think I've mentioned Wilbur Smith a time or two already?

And then I wonder why my daughter wants to go back over there to nurse . . . :?

Northern Rancher, if you want to read some good ones on African hunting, read anything by Peter Hathaway Capstick. He did one about Pondoro Taylor, "A Man Called Lion" about one of the early market hunters. I think you'd really enjoy them. Besides, the guy has a wicked sense of humor.

Latest posts