• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

good start this a.m.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Rowdy Ranch

Reaction score
Was mixing up cookies and dumped 1/2 sack of sugar all over the countertop and floor! Oh well, the floor needed swept anyway. So got the cookies made and process of baking them now. Custom sileage cutter in today sileaging the corn and need to take lunch to them as well as husband and son that will be packing. I have to stay close in case-you know how that goes. Corn really was for grain,but need the feed and thinking with all this hot weather the test would be light-although the ears aren't that bad for no more rain then the corn got-we are thinking no more than 4 in. since it was planted late-May 12 and then got set back by hail. Should make 10ton/acre and have 160 acres so some feed here,I am hoping. Have a great day everyone :!: :!:

Rowdy, I wonder how many on this board know exactly what you mean about staying close just in case!!!! I think I have spent half of my in the "just in case mode"!!!! Have a good day.

feeder said:
Rowdy, I wonder how many on this board know exactly what you mean about staying close just in case!!!! I think I have spent half of my in the "just in case mode"!!!! Have a good day.

My mother knew and my wife does and daugher in law is learning! :lol:

Rowdy Ranch said:
Was mixing up cookies and dumped 1/2 sack of sugar all over the countertop and floor! Oh well, the floor needed swept anyway. So got the cookies made and process of baking them now. Custom sileage cutter in today sileaging the corn and need to take lunch to them as well as husband and son that will be packing. I have to stay close in case-you know how that goes. Corn really was for grain,but need the feed and thinking with all this hot weather the test would be light-although the ears aren't that bad for no more rain then the corn got-we are thinking no more than 4 in. since it was planted late-May 12 and then got set back by hail. Should make 10ton/acre and have 160 acres so some feed here,I am hoping. Have a great day everyone :!: :!:

Rowdy Ranch...

I know just how you feel...have had days like yours, and have been around, just in case, more than once! Thanks for the smile this morning.

Say, those calves you posted in the Photo Gallery sure did look good. You all should be proud of them. I have been meaning to post about them since your upload their photos, but haven't gotten it done. Thanks for adding them. Did you raise them yourselves, or purchase them? Sounds like you'll have plenty of silage for more like them come fall.

Have a great day, and again thanks for the pics and the smile this morning.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Ended the day with .80 of rain-nice! We raised those calves,weaned them,and took to grow yard June 1-usually leave them on the cow til about now,but cows were in need of a break and things were looking dry last spring so did not have the grass. Glad we took that route-they are doing good and really is cheaper the put lbs. on there than at home plus the calves would not get looked at real well here in the summer with every thing else. May do that with some of our spring born calves this fall-just have to see. Thanks for the compliment!

Latest posts