• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GOOD SUNDAY MORNIN

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
We finally finished with my preg checking, and now I have a little bunch of blanks to haul off. I always find myself trying to find an excuse to keep some cow I like (mistake). I knew Tom Lasater, founder of the Beefmaster Breed, and he was the most unforgiving culler I ever knew. No cow ever got a second chance. He said "sure, you'll get rid of a few good cows that way, but you get rid of all the bad ones. No second chances for his cattle. His herd showed it. Our God is more forgiving with us than was Tom with his cattle. He is a God of second chances. Jonah heard the word of the Lord a second time, and he went to Nineveh the second time. The first time, he headed for Tarshish. The thing I learn here is that when the Lord gives us a second chance, it requires a different and better (not just different) response to get different and better results. When we keep doing the same thing the same way we get the same results. New Years always seem to bring resolutions for improvements in our lives. We must change our actions if we will see successful results. If I resolve to walk closer to the Lord in 2007 than I ever have, what changes in my actions will be necessary? What will be your resolutions? Will they have any real meat to them? What will you be doing differently to see them become reality? Have yourselves a good Sunday morning and a good 2007.

Shortgrass, I wish you and yours a Happy New Year, with any and all that you need. Thanks for the messages, you have a gift (wonder who gave you that one?). Keep it up, yours is always a good read, positive, short and to the point. Thank you, with all of the negativity, I truly enjoy reading something positive.

Thank you Shortgrass, I want to wish everybody a Happy New Year. Yes we all need to make real changes in our lives and thanks for the reminder. Have a good day everyone and a great new year.

Too many times, People judge Christianityby the actions of Christians and thier charachter rather than thier God and who God is.....Thanks for putting the focus on him,

PPRM

Shortgrass, thank you once again for a meaningful message. Your gentle reminder is a wake-up call for us to get our spiritual house in order. Happy New Year to you and yours, and to all of the rest of the Ranchers.Net readers.

Short-grass, thanks for the message. We're working in the nursery today so won't hear the sermon but we've heard your helpful one loud and clear as always and right on the target. Thank you.

We have a bit of a heavy heart today because a friend's son is marrying a young woman who appears will be a pile of problems for him as she already causes herself a pile of problems as a single. Unless this couple does some major changes in personalities everyone who knows them is thinking this marriage doesn't stand a chance of surviving. But, as you remind us, change is possible with God's help and our own determination to change and not just redo. What a good message for 2007 and everyday.

Happy 2007 to all our Ranchersnet friends-
Thank you for cheer thru the year! :D

Thanks Shortgrass, I look forward to your message every Sunday. As the new year arrives we should all take time to count the many blessings that have been bestowed upon us . I am always amazed when reflecting upon my life, his tracks are everywhere...... but you have to look.
Thanks again Shortgrass you truly have been a blessing. SR

Shortgrass---another beautiful, short, yet inspiring message!! Perfect way to start off the new year! Always positive.....I agree with sw....in a world full of ugliness and negativity, you are a shining light of hope!!! :D

Latest posts