• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Last night, June 8, 2007, the mountain got snow, and there was frost in parts of our region. Doesn't the weatherman know it ain't the season for that! Corn and beans are sprouting in the garden, we don't need frost! I like to read Ecclesiastes 3 every now and then. It is the portion of scripture that states "To everything there is a season. A time for every purpose under heaven……….." We all know there is a time for laughing or crying, dancing or mourning, planting or plucking, building or tearing down etc., but I certainly admire the folks with the discretion to always know the right thing to say at the right time, or when to just listen and not say anything. I can usually manage to blunder with the wrong words or the wrong timing, and just be totally 'out of season.' Wisdom and discretion are acquired skills. No one is born with them. This tells me these are things we all should be working toward. We can and ought to be 'in season' with our words and actions most of the time. These are good and Godly traits! Even a dense ol' codger like me can learn and change over the years. Many of us fight change, but learning causes change. Think about it—if we don't change something, we haven't learned anything. Ecc. 3 is great teaching for discretion. One thing matters in life, and that is our walk with our creator. It's worth working on. Have yourselves a good Sunday morning, and great rest of the week. I would add thanks to all you folks who read this thread, and drop a few lines of encouragement now and then. That is what keeps me coming back.

shortgrass,again thank you for the spiritual advice,hope you and yours have a wonderful week also...................good luck

Keep up the good work, Shortgrass. Be assured I look forward to and read your Sunday mornin' post each week whether I reply in the thread or not.

God gave each of us a gift or talent and we need to let our light shine, and not hide it under a bushel basket. Your gift to the ranchers folks each week is very special, keep using it.

Thank you once again for a fine message, Shortgrass.

In Googling "discretion" there come up many definitions. It is basically responsibility to do the right thing at the right time, as you pointed out. It is tactfulness, tolerance, empathy, and being discreet. In the judicial system, it is indicated that sometimes a policeman should practice "discretion" and discernment as to each individual case, and not let "the letter of the law" cloud their own good judgement and gut feelings when acting on these individual cases.

It is an interesting topic for sure. Thanks for the gentle reminder for all of us to use more discretion with those we encounter in our daily walk with God.

Thank you for your words of wisdom. Most times we all know what and how we should say things but forget in everyday. Thank you for the reminder.
Very well said :D

Thank you so much Shortgrass. We look forward for your messages on Sunday morning. You do a wonderful job, wether I put comments on or not. You are greatly appreciated. :D :D

MN Farm Girl
:wave:

Ecclesiastes is an interesting and "pondersome" book. My Bible Study group is studying this part of the Scriptures and recently had a lesson on Ch 3. I appreciated your insight on these verses. Truly to be "in season" is not only just when to harvest or plant, but all of our words and actions must be pleasing and fragrant to the LORD. Thanks again!

Thank you again for another exellent post. I look forward to it every week, most of the time I have to sneak a peak on sat night, have a great week. Shawn

Shortgrass you do have a way of saying things and picking the right verse at the right time....AMAZING! I do not get to get online as much now and was just reading the last few days, no way for me to catch up on all the goings and comings of this group. But, I do try to read yours.

Thanks for having the true insight of what is needed on here and the everyday life of us all.

Easty

Latest posts