• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
We just returned from taking supper to a widower. He is a swell fella who lost his wife a little over a year ago. We have had him to supper here a couple of times. Last summer he told us that he would invite us up to supper, but we'd have to have soup. Well, my little "master farm homemaker" files that comment away and begins scheming. When the weather gets cooler (for a soup menu) we'll just invite several of his friends and bring the soup to his house. With the help of his son & daughter-in-law, we pull off a surprise soup party at his house with about 15 neighbors. He was tickled to death and we all had a good time. My wife is so considerate and thoughtful of others, and is a master homaker—no wonder I married the lady. I could name you lots of reasons why I love her, but for the life of me I couldn't name one good reason why she should have married me~! :???: The only reason, and I have no doubt of it, is just the fact that she does love me. :D I really got the better end of our bargain! So it is with our relationship with our Lord. He compares us – His church- to His bride. Now we sure have the better end of this bargain! Why He should love us I'll never understand, but I can not doubt the fact that He does! God loves me!! If you discover a more exciting fact in the universe, you let me know. Have yourselves a good Sunday mornin', and a good rest of the week too because God loves us!! :D :D :D Whoopee!!

Thanks once again for your Sunday message, Shortgrass!

So what kind of soup did your wife fix? Nothing like a little chili/chicken noodle/veg beef soup for the soul on these crisp fall evenings!

Your post is timely as always. It's the first weekend of rifle deer season here. Last night I attended a hunter soup supper put on by the local 4-H kids for the benefit of the local community hall. Lots of good food there and soup was just part of it. Nobody could have gone away hungry, that's for sure!

They had all kinds of salads and homemade desserts and dinner rolls. Those 4-H moms put out all the fixin's. Had some good local well known entertainment taking turns at the microphone and the kids put on a short skit too.

Thanks, I really enjoy these Sunday morning uplifts. Today is my 18th anniversery to a wonferful Wife & Mother. Now I think I will cook up soup for the family.
Thanks for the inspiration .

John SD said:
Thanks once again for your Sunday message, Shortgrass!

So what kind of soup did your wife fix? Nothing like a little chili/chicken noodle/veg beef soup for the soul on these crisp fall evenings!

Your post is timely as always. It's the first weekend of rifle deer season here. Last night I attended a hunter soup supper put on by the local 4-H kids for the benefit of the local community hall. Lots of good food there and soup was just part of it. Nobody could have gone away hungry, that's for sure!

They had all kinds of salads and homemade desserts and dinner rolls. Those 4-H moms put out all the fixin's. Had some good local well known entertainment taking turns at the microphone and the kids put on a short skit too.

We had Chili, Jan brought Potatoe Soup, another had Beef Noodle, and another brought a Chicken & Beef that was good.

Thanks as usual :) And from what post on this site, I bet she thinks she's a lucky lady too!

I attended another chili/chicken noodle soup dinner yesterday at noon. It was a benefit at a church in town for a young man who is in need of a kidney/pancreas transplant. His sister received a kidney from their mother a couple years ago. These are very nice young people with more than their share of medical problems.

Sometimes we don't realize how well off we are. We should remember to give thanks to our Creator every day for simple things like good health that we sometimes take for granted. Things can sure go the other way fast.

John SD said:
I attended another chili/chicken noodle soup dinner yesterday at noon. It was a benefit at a church in town for a young man who is in need of a kidney/pancreas transplant. His sister received a kidney from their mother a couple years ago. These are very nice young people with more than their share of medical problems.

Sometimes we don't realize how well off we are. We should remember to give thanks to our Creator every day for simple things like good health that we sometimes take for granted. Things can sure go the other way fast.

:agree:

Latest posts