• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I would like to share a story that I once heard. It seems that a very wise king governed a far away land. The king's sincere desire was to properly govern his people, for he truly loved them. It was common for the king to disguise himself as a pauper and mingle with the people.

One day, while at the public bath house, the king became acquainted with an old and wise gentleman whose job it was to fire the boilers that heated water for the baths. The king was truley attracted to the old man, and often spent time helping his friend fire the furnaces.

After carrying on his masquerade for a period of three years, the king decided to reveal his identity to his friend. The king arrived at the bath house in his royal robes riding in the king's coach. This caused quite a stir among the people. The king summoned the fireman. When the old fella recognized his friend as the king, he also bowed himself before the king. The king told his fireman friend that he would grant any wish he desired up to half the kingdom. Did he desire money, power, what ever he wanted, just say the word. The wise old fireman replied that he would request nothing that surpassed the prividlege that he already had—that of being a friend of the king. That was his heart's only desire.

This Christmas season, let us learn from the fireman. Nothing we could request will surpass the value of the friendship of the King of kings, Jesus (John 15:13-15, also Mathew 11:19). This is the reason for the season: He has become a pauper to come to earth and become your friend. Let us celebrate! :D :D We may also learn from the wise king in the story that we can give no gift that would equal true friendship. Let us make a special effort this season to know His love, and share it with others. On that note, have yourselves a mighty good Sunday mornin', and a good rest of the week too.

As always, thanks for your timely message Shortgrass! That fireman would be quite busy here keeping things at the proper temp the last couple days. :wink: This is the first "real" snow of the season to make me find my 5-buckle overshoes!

Only a couple inches of dry snow here but it's sure welcome to settle the dust. Clear and a crisp +9 this morning.

Impeccable timing, shortgrass!! as always, your mesage are short, sweet and pack a punch!! thanks for sharing and God bless you....may you also have a SUPER Sunday!!

kris

A wonderful story and so appropriate! :D

Is that like our new friends from Colorado.....some old rancher calls himself Shortgrass?????
Several years ago, an older lady on her 80th birthday was asked by the pastor if she had any words of wisdom to pass on to the younger folks. I listened with interest, as I considered her to be a very wise lady. Her advice was simply to take care of your friends. :D :D Beck says you had a snow yesterday. Stay warm.

Latest posts