• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Today I took my grandsons to a baseball game; I felt guilty. Jan didn't feel good when I left, and two calves in the barn needed watched. I stewed the whole game, got home, and Jan felt better than when I left, and the calves were as well as if I'd watched them, and I should have enjoyed the game (Sky Sox, our home team won, the boys had a blast). The Bible tells us that "anxiety in the heart of man causes depression", also to "have no anxiety over any thing, but in every thing to give thanks and let your request be made known to God." Why is it, friends, that I know He loves us and that the very hairs on our head are numbered (even I can almost count them anymore :) ), and that He is our Shepherd and that He is the Good Shepherd, but I have such a hard time letting go and letting God? I still need to work on that. Sometimes things have a hard time getting from my head to my heart! Have yourselves a good Sunday Mornin', and a good rest of the week too.

Maybe it's just because we are still human, Shortgrass. In spite of what we are and can be in him, we are not perfected yet. We do feel the pressure and pain of the troubles that hit us and it is in times like this that we are reminded of our complete dependency on our Heavenly Father. Blessings to you and your house.

Shortgrass, enjoy those ball game with your grandsons when you can and while you can. Your post reminds me in the Bible we are told that to everything there is a season. Yesterday was ball game season with your grandsons for you.

A week ago today, it definitely was not a season for ball games! Last Sunday it was a full scale spring blizzard raging outside, although it cleared off later in the day. This week ball season temps in the 60s-70s are forecast.

The precip from last week's snowstorm will green up the grass on ball fields and pastures. I'm thankful for the moisture and the grass should be greening up nicely by my official calving start date in 2 weeks. :wink:

Once again THX,your posts often seem so timly to what I've encountered over the week.

Enjoy them grandkids because they truly are a gift to us from God :)

Wishing Jan a happy healthy week. :)

I don't replay often, but I read your Sunday post every week. I truly enjoy each and everyone. Thanks.

Thank you, Shortgrass. After four days of very hard winds here in the Sandhills (one day from the south and the last three days from the north), we are enjoying a calm beautiful sunny Sunday. God is good all the time. He has a plan and His plan is what is good for our lives. :)

Anxiety, worry, and fear are all aspects of being human. These traits seem to show up worse in trying times. There's been some pretty serious stuff going on in my corner of the world lately and I keep trying to find the faith that so many show. I do know I believe more in the power of prayer as each prayer chain goes off, yet I also can't help the anxiety and worry.

Your message hit home as it's been one tough week and very easy to be depressed from all the problems this week. I am reminded that the best thing to do is have faith and let alone and let God. Thank You for your message and may you and Jan have a great week.

I wish I'd have read this before going to Luna yesterday morning, it might have helped me get through the day a little better than I did.

Yesterday was Al's 18th birthday. I wasn't feeling well, so called in sick to work, and was going to go spend the day with him (and his dad, too, if he wanted). I got there, and delivered the cards/presents that my family had left here for him. He wasn't even finished opening everything, when Dale said they were invited over to his (Dale's) gf's house, they were going to take steaks and cook out. It felt like he was just pushing me out of Al's life again. It hurt so damn bad that I just came home and spent the rest of the day bawling like a baby.

Oh, well, I guess I got to be there for the most important birthday of all, the day he was born. No one can take that away from me.

Thanks, shortgrass. Hope you have a good week, and Jan is feeling a lot better today than yesterday. Went to the doc this morning, and I have a sinus infection, bronchitis and allergies.....got 4 perscrips to take, and 2 days off work. Hopefully by Sat, I'll have this pretty much behind me.

Latest posts