• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Outside our kitchen window, Janice has planted a bed of flowers. In the spring of the year, her Tulips bloom in a variety of colors. They are bright and beautiful right now. In a few short weeks, they will be but a memory. They are beautiful, yes, but very temporary. So it is with our very lives. Scripture tells us that man is as the flower. Our lives may be productive, but we will fade and be a memory. The word of God will stand forever. Only what we do for God will be of any lasting value. It is profitable for me to occasionally access my priorities. Are the big things in my life really the important things? Have yourselves a good Sunday Mornin', and a good rest of the week too.

Shortgrass said:
Outside our kitchen window, Janice has planted a bed of flowers. In the spring of the year, her Tulips bloom in a variety of colors. They are bright and beautiful right now. In a few short weeks, they will be but a memory. They are beautiful, yes, but very temporary. So it is with our very lives. Scripture tells us that man is as the flower. Our lives may be productive, but we will fade and be a memory. The word of God will stand forever. Only what we do for God will be of any lasting value. It is profitable for me to occasionally access my priorities. Are the big things in my life really the important things? Have yourselves a good Sunday Mornin', and a good rest of the week too.

If there are any tulips out in this country, they would have blue lips this morning. The temperature is 22 degrees, the ground is white with a light covering of snow, and the breeze is blowing at least ten miles per hour. The one calf born during the night is shivering, but hopefully won't have to go into the hot-box. His mother was not acting very motherly in licking him off, so I "cheated" and put some O-No-Mo powder on the calf's back. Now she is licking and liking him. This should get his blood circulating and whet his appetite.

As you say, Shortgrass, everything is so temporary. Your blooming tulips are only here for a brief period of time. Even our wintery weather of the moment is only temporary, and spring will be just around the corner. Before we know it, hot summer will be here and it will be time to put up hay. Then comes cattle working time in the fall, and real winter will be upon us again. The seasons come and the seasons go. Our youthfulness will soon run out, and we will become "mature" adults. :wink: As my old high school teacher used to say, "Time is, man moves on."

Nothing lasts forever but the eternal Word of God. If our hearts are right with Him, and we accept Jesus as our Savior, nothing else matters. :)

Life in general seems to be a constant change. Some deal with change better then others and for some the change reminds us to keep the everyday items in life in perspective. Every once in awhile I feel as though something monumnetal must go on in order to help most of us to remember not to dwell on the small things. A wise person once told me with most upsetting situations to ask myself will this matter tomorrow? Will this matter next week? Will this matter next month? It's amazing how many trivial things that upset the cherry cart in all reality are small things compared to others.

P.S. My tulips were just starting to grow and now they are under snow. It's ok though because just getting to see them growing and reaching toward the sky kept me in anticipation of the bloom that would arrive. The snow on the tulips just reminds me no matter how much we look forward to things in life and anticipate events things change and life goes on.

Thanks for the message, Shortgrass. Like the tulips, all of us need to bloom as best we can, where we are planted.

Soapweed, does the snow and cold make you feel a bit more "mature" on mornings like this? :wink: On these colder mornings I sometimes feel mature enough that I go out to check cows inside the warm pickup cab instead of taking the 4 wheeler! :lol: :D

:) Thank-you Shortgrass for this weeks message and last weeks help,very much appreciated,love and prayers to you and Jan :)

Another good message. Just think, it's only eight months till Christmas.Time flies, but God is forever. May the Peace be with all of You always and have a great week.

Hey Soapweed...18 degrees this morning with a 40 mile hour wind. Two calves yesterday doing well but a couple older ones we had to treat as a 2 inch rain and cold wind was too much for them.

How true that message is. It is good to have a reminder though since Life often takes on a life of its own! I find it difficult to keep that perspective much of the time despite it being such a basic concept. Thanks, Shortgrass.

Shortgrass, what a beautiful analogy! (I think that's the word I want, isn't it?) You have some of the greatest ways of bringing God into our daily lives (just like He should be, but all too often, isn't) and making me take a look at things differently.

My tulips are done for, too......but they were beautiful while they lasted.

H said it was 10* Sat and this morning, had a heat wave yesterday at 22*. It stays cold up there for so long......... :?

Latest posts