• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GOOD SUNDAY MORNIN'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Thoughts of this good Sunday morning' are coming to you from Eastern Kansas. We had a nice Christmas. The weather was less than cooperative, it was humid cold. A 25 MPH wind was blowing snow and drove the chill to the bone. But we had a furnace, and four walls to shelter us, and the aromas from the kitchen filled the house. All was well, even real nice, inside our shelter. I am well aware that some folks had a hard time this holiday. They experienced troubles in various forms. Some close friends, and former neighbors of ours experienced the Christmas eve loss of a mother, Grandma or spouse after many years of battling cancer. For almost 30 years, this fine Christian lady had dealt with cancer. It would leave, only to return. It may seem that cancer was the final victor, but we Christians know that Christ is the final victor over death. Another neighbor lady is trying to remember how to have Christmas without her life mate and spouse of 61 years. Tough times come in various forms. Maybe some have lost a source of income, or experienced heartache from sin - theirs or another's- and join the many who are chilled to the bone from the bitter winds of life. Remember to take shelter in the arms of a loving Savior, who came to us for the very purpose of providing shelter in the time of storms. How could we make it without Him? I wouldn't even try. He is our Shelter, our Shield, our Keeper, our Protector and our Cleft in the Rock. Well, have a good Sunday morning' and a fine rest of the week too.

Thanks Shortgrass! Leaning on the Lord in times of trial or stress seems so natural and comforting. But it's even better when ya learn to depend on Him when the grass is tall and the cows are fat. Here's hoping we all our counted among the flock regardless of what happens around us! :wink:

Shortgrass, I feel for your neighbors and friends. My wife's grandmother passed away Christmas morning after a short fight with cancer. I was reminded of just how merciful the Lord is, Grandma just went to sleep, not once was she in pain or uncomfortable. There are worse things in Life than Death, fortunately some of us do not know what that is. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Jesus Is Truly The Reason For The Season. Odd that some of us will Celebrate someones life over the Christmas Holiday, while we all are Celebrating the birth of our Savior.

The Lord works in mysterious ways----Trust in Him !! God bless you all !!

Once again thank you for a truly inspired Sunday Message, just a super analogy this week! God bless and have a safe trip comin' home.

A beautiful morning here but a cold one at -17F.

Thanks for another inspiring message, Shortgrass.

You have a good testimonial on the Cowboy's Prayers and Praises calendar for 2010, in the month of October. Ray Dorwart puts these calendars out and they are free upon request while supplies last, at P.O. Box 123, Guthrie, Oklahoma 73044. Ray and his brother Bart used to cowboy up in this neck of the woods back in the 70's and 80's. Bart married one of our neighbor girls, and they have been our friends for many years. Besides putting out these nice calendars, Ray is also a bootmaker in Oklahoma. The boots he makes are of very fine workmanship.

Latest posts