• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Today, we moved some cattle to some summer pasture about 75 miles away. I loaded an extra 5 or 6 tons of beef on the gooseneck and headed for the hills. I have an older and smaller Cummins in a 94 Dodge. Well, it didn't take long to begin wondering if the 4 or 5 trips per year would justify one of the newer and larger diesel horses. Eventually, I made the analogy of how sometimes there is a ton of baggage on my shoulders in this game we call life. The weight will slow me down and cause me to turn to a greater power source. Maybe that is what the Lord meant when He said "be still and know that I am God." We need an adequate source of power to carry our load. Sometimes we just need to slow down and turn to the Lord. Along those same lines, another of my favorite sayings is "great sailors aren't made in the bathtub." A person must experience the open seas and some rough waters to become a sailor. Even though we study the Bible, our instruction manual very diligently, we can never be a witness for Christ until we learn to apply those concepts to the everyday business of living. So it is, my brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. I read that somewhere in an old leather bound book. Well have yourselves a good Sunday mornin'.

You are SOOOOO right this morning. What an awesome message! Thank you.

Latest posts