• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I came home from a volleyball game on Friday night, and got a coughing spell. Ended up coughing so hard that I must have popped a rib out of place. It sure is uncomfortable! Oh, I'm not hurt or anything, but I have sure been standing just a little taller and keeping my back straighter this weekend. Christianity is different in many ways than other religions of the world. Besides the obvious worship of a living, risen Savior, there are more subtle, but stark differences. Christianity teaches us to embrace rather than avoid trials. Most religions teach that troubles are a sign of displeasure from an unhappy god. We believe that troubles may be embraced as a growing situation from a loving, caring God. Trials, like my rib, may be a bit uncomfortable, but they will cause us to "walk a little taller." Every situation is an opportunity to stand a little straighter and walk a little closer to Him. Have a good Sunday Mornin', and God bless.

Thanks, Shortgrass. We're never thirsty until the well goes dry, and we probably don't fully appreciate our supporting ribs until one lets up on its job. I've had cracked ribs, and they hurt. God never promised us a rose garden, and even roses have thorns. Our prayers are that you have a good week and heal up quick.

Shortgrass, what concerns me is what brought on such a strong bout of coughing in the first place. I hope you don't have a pneumonia thing or something going on.

I had that recently. My chest hurt more than it did ever including after heart surgery. Hurt to cough, move, or just breathe. I hope you are improving but if the cough sticks around or gets worse maybe you should go see the doc.

This last bout I had two shots of antibiotic and a round of pills. Doc really wanted to put me in the hospital but let me go home as long as I promised to behave. If I was a calf, I sure don't qualify as "drug free" anymore. :oops:

Get well soon!

I am fine now. Must have had something in my throat that did cough up eventually. Back is better tonight, but still anxious to see a Chiropractor.

Yes we get blessing from enduring our Trials, but we also must be humble and let other receive blessing also when the help us with our trials. Even something as a casserole from a neighbor when a loved one dies.....

Latest posts