• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
We pregged today, and got my little bunch of cows situated for winter. It was a good check. I feel blessed. I checked about 115 cows, and had one blank. There is another bunch that we couldn't get to because of the snow and mud, but expect they will preg up good. The bull has been out since ear;y August and have not seen any bulling activity. Considering the dry start to summer, I am really pleased with the results. Oh, the good results cost me some feed. I caked the cows thru their first cycle because of a lack of rain. Looks like it paid off though. Cattle need feed to perform. We as stockmen have a bit of advantage over the Lord in that if we put feed out, Cattle will generally consume it and benefit from it. We as Christians need fed to perform, and will indeed profit from good nutrition. The difference for us is that God provides plenty of feed, but we fail utilize it. We are just so "busy" that the feed lays on the table unopened, unused, and we are a bit anemic as Christians. Sad, huh?……………Well, have a good Sunday mornin' and God bless.

More great wisdom in a small but nutritious chunk Shortgrass, I was visiting with a "lurker" the other day at the sale barn. He commented how you have such a wonderful ability to say so much with so little. Keep up the good work, and have a great week. :)

Good food for thought Shortgrass. Stockmen usually only put out good feed. Problem with us is we are also being fed trash and many of us prefer the trash. We become what we feed on both spritually and physically. Don't know why we can control the trash mongers.

efb said:
Good food for thought Shortgrass. Stockmen usually only put out good feed. Problem with us is we are also being fed trash and many of us prefer the trash. We become what we feed on both spritually and physically. Don't know why we can control the trash mongers.

Good point. As stockmen, we don't have to deal with the enemy coming in and putting out poision feed.

Latest posts