• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Ranching is the common interest that serves as a glue to make us somewhat like family on this site. Family is the one interest that comes above ranch to all of us. How we love our families! The kids, the folks, the cousins, and the family that is not kin. You know, that brother from a different mother. The issues that we face may be very serious, or funny, or maybe joyful. They may be ours, or someone close to us. I feel happy, I feel sad, I feel scared – no not scared, 'cause I ain't scared of nuthin'—just worried, not exactly, just concerened—Oh why fight it, I'm scared, I'm confused, but still happy all at the same time. We are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made, are we not? I found a verse (Psalm 9:20) to be of encouragement to me. It says "put them in fear, oh Lord, that the nations may know themselves to be but men." When I feel afraid, I should learn that I am but a man. God is God, I am not. I can control very little, and am not intended to be in control. I can usually spend a few hours reasoning with myself and God, and come to that realization. What a wonderful peace comes with leaving it with Him. Now about 15 minutes later, I am realizing that God hasn't taken care of it yet, and I have taken the load back, and so we start over. It is also a comfort to realize that He knows that I am just a man, and possess all the weaknesses common to man. We truly are in good hands with such a loving but powerful, wise, understanding, and, although overused nonetheless accurate term, awesome God. Have yourselves a good Sunday mornin', and God bless.

Thanks, Shortgrass. We went to the funeral last week of a fine Christian neighbor lady who passed on to an even better life. The pastor gave a comforting message, brief and to the point. As we said our last good-byes, Crocodile Dundee's words came to mind: "No worries, mate." If we leave our troubles in the hands of the Good Lord, we can have the peace of "no worries." :)

Latest posts