• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I remember selling a bull once. The fella I sold was an outstanding individual and replaced by a good bull, just not in the same class. I didn't know what I had until he was gone. I grew up under the guidance of a generation of men that had fought in the second war. I thought a lot of them, learned a lot from them, liked their stories, and appreciated them. Now that generation is almost all gone, and I realize that I did not fully know just what we had in that generation was until they were gone. I thank God for granting me the privilege of having known so many of those old soldiers and the gals that waited for them. Wonder just what caliber of men that none of us ever got to know; I doubt any of us realize just what we lost in those men, and too many don't know what we gained by that loss. Thank God for them, too. Thank God for our country. God bless you, and have a good Sunday mornin'.

Amen to the loss of a lot of fine folks.You had to look close to see what they did because they would never tell you. Thanks for the reminder Shortgrass.

Thank you Shortgrass. We can never repay what they have given. My Dad was a WW2 Vet. I am a member of the Sons of the Legion and help with a lot of funerals in the Honor Guard. It is a honor to help.

That generation will be hard to replace. They gave so much, and asked nothing. What a stark contrast to the liberals of the day who ask everything and give nothing.

Latest posts